E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Upcoming supercar / hypercar EV teaser from BMW presentation

Today, 12:25 PM   #67
hb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
I heard a rumor years ago that the 6 Series would return to compete in the segment that the Porsche 911 occupies. The 8 Series would go away but there could be room for both.

Make the 8 Series slightly more upmarket since it fights above it weight class anyway and just label it an Alpina. Make it special!

Then that leaves more market room for the return of the 6 Series. Smaller, intuitive, beautiful chassis dynamics, hydraulic steering (not going to happen, 6-cylinder and V8 engine options, and available in Coupe, Cabriolet, Gran Coupe, and via special order a damn Targa version.

Base, M Sport, and M GmbH versions.

Oh, and it should have jaw-dropping and panty dropping styling that echos previous BMW style inspirations (nothing recent) and while futuristic looking forward to set the tone that BMW and BMW M are taking zero prisoners with it.

If those two cars go away as you have mentioned there will be holes in the lineup that will be need to be filled.
It won't happen. No 6 Series coming back. The 4 Series is already huge in size and it would be too close to a 6 Series. ALPINA might move up in segment, but that's also an ongoing conversation. Head of Alpina design came from Rolls-Royce recently.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:06 PM   #68
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I8 was one the most fun of cars that bmw has ever made, it was fast (relatively), fantastic design and probably one the best handling cars that you can find.
I used to daily that car for more than 4 years, and it was interestingly practical.
I hope bmw make upgrades version of i8.I’ll be inline!
From February 25, 2016 posted by aajami:

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1230336

In short - after an accident, a cement truck fell on top of i8. No one inside the i8 died - fortunately. Only injuries reported.

This article serves as 10 votes for i8 as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:32 PM   #69
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
This isn’t it but it is not bad.
I'd drive TF out of that!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:39 PM   #70
My M3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition X Drive

Garage List
May not be an EV, time will tell. 6 years is a very long time in the automotive world these days.
Appreciate 0