E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear inner subframe mounting area corrosion

Today, 04:53 AM   #1
5pencer8
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 (LCI) 120d xDrive

Rear inner subframe mounting area corrosion

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a 2010 E90 325i M Sport. The car looks well kept overall, full BMW main dealer service history and one owner from new. However I can see in the past MOT inspection (2024), the following points have been flagged as advisories:
  • Offside Front Tyre has a cut but not deep enough to reach the ply or cords (5.2.3 (d) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Seat belt webbing slightly damaged or frayed (7.1.2 (b) (ii))
  • Offside Front Inner Road wheel slightly distorted (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrule (1.1.12 (f) (i))
My primary concern is the subframe corrosion. I can see that it was raised as an advisory in 2023 as well, so has been there for a while. The car has done 81k miles and is located near the coast, so I wonder if the corrosion has been caused by it sitting for extended periods of time combined with the salty sea air.

I'm wondering if the corrosion would be a dealbreaker for purchasing the vehicle? I'd be happy to pay to repair it, but wondered if anyone would have an estimate of how much that would cost? Furthermore, would the fact the car has subframe corrosion indicate that even if repaired, there could be further complications down the line?

I'd also be keen to hear any opinions on the other advisories, if anything is jumping out to anyone as a no-no. I'm not sure if the brake hose corrosion might be another red flag.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0