E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > do any of you NOT wear seatbelts in the car? (or have family or friends who don't?)

Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #67
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
I think many of the members on this board drive like you do. As I've aged, I've slowed down a bit, but basically drive in just the manner you describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCover View Post
to sum it up, we drive like native German drivers, or at least we aspire to be?
I think “many” may be too strong of a word. I’ve read an awful lot of forum members say they drive like grannies. I must say it’s hard for me to grasp why people spend more money on a BMW than a Prius and then drive their BMW like it’s a Prius.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #68
Belair62
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 Titanium /Coral 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I agree with this. In all honesty, besides the safety issue, a primary reason I wear one is the security it gives of holding me in the driver’s seat and I need that for the way I drive. Lots of people would call me an aggressive driver. I call myself a focused, purposeful, and intentional driver. Basically, I never drive like I’m on a Sunday afternoon stroll. I always drive like I have somewhere to go and I’m not interested in taking my time getting there. I’m not rude and I follow the rules of the road pretty strictly, I signal my intentions every single time, I don’t weave in and out of traffic, but I drive with purpose and I don’t dilly dally. Even though I do not drive slowly my friends have never complained that my driving causes them to feel uncomfortable and they are always very willing for me to do the driving. I will give one caveat to Sunday style driving. I love to drive up the two lane, Sheridan Road, on the north shore in Chicago, it is absolutely gorgeous, and I’m perfectly happy to drive 35 - 40 mph (which is still over the 30 mph limit ) and take my time to enjoy that drive.
Sheridan rd. thru the ravines is a great ride !
Appreciate 0