E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Retro-fit pre-facelift lights in a facelift model?

Yesterday, 05:21 AM   #1
vmqxdv
Rep
Drives: (will) BMW 335i E92

Retro-fit pre-facelift lights in a facelift model?

Hi I'm looking for buying a e92, and I really really like the look of the non LCI version, but I want the N55 because I've read that is more reliable and the maintenance is cheaper. So I was wondering: Can I buy a LCI model and fit the front/rear lights of the pre-facelift on it?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:34 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e81

sure
the coding of the frm might be required
      Today, 01:19 PM   #3
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

I've never been convinced the N55 is more reliable. Maintenance might be slightly lower but IMO it's no more reliable--I've owned both and my experience was better than a lot of others' with the N55.

You can retrofit the lights but you need to do a full front end conversion. Hood, headlights, grilles, bumpers and likely associated fender liners, brake ducts, etc.

I agree the pre LCI coupe looks way better though.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:16 PM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
I've never been convinced the N55 is more reliable. Maintenance might be slightly lower but IMO it's no more reliable--I've owned both and my experience was better than a lot of others' with the N55.

You can retrofit the lights but you need to do a full front end conversion. Hood, headlights, grilles, bumpers and likely associated fender liners, brake ducts, etc.

I agree the pre LCI coupe looks way better though.
reliability for 99% of people is how many time the check engine light pop out and how many time they had to go to the dealer/shop.

And this is for sure a win for the N55.

N55 wins on :

- waste gate
- single fuelling, with less O2 senors
- 1 boost controller
- vacuum leaks ( less complex)
- turbo
- pcv system
- carbon built
- hpfp
- injectors
- coil packs
- heat management
- power steering (electric for those on F series), no engine related, but came with it on most n55 equipped chassis.

Issue that remains :

- oil leaks
- charge pipe
- serpentine belt sucked by the crank
- crank spin (very rare tho)
- rod bearing

For OP question, it should work with coding, I suggest to get bimmercode with Veepeak BLE dungle.

The only item Im not sure, if the system is properly sized to accommodate halogen buld, it should. Ive compared my LCI and pre-LCI and they are the same.

Last edited by oVeRdOsE.; Today at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0