BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

Today, 08:36 AM   #199
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
So when you stop the car and turn it off the option to update the software is not presented to you?

The only way to update the software is by parking the vehicle and choosing it from the screen when you push the “engine stop” button.

If that option is not given to you, maybe something got corrupted or the new update doesn’t like that you are so far behind in version.

I don’t recommend disconnecting the battery, but I don’t know if that would solve it. I personally would book it in service if the update screen is not presented to you when you stop the engine.
When I stop the car the option to update the software is not presented to me. When I chose the remote software option from the screen it shows what was depicted in my first post. In desperation I deleted and reinstalled my phone but to no avail. Prior to this I was running the latest software. Thanks for your suggestions.
Appreciate 1
M2siast6003.50
      Today, 09:10 AM   #200
1stM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
When I stop the car the option to update the software is not presented to me. When I chose the remote software option from the screen it shows what was depicted in my first post. In desperation I deleted and reinstalled my phone but to no avail. Prior to this I was running the latest software. Thanks for your suggestions.
Did your phone WiFi connect to the car? The update from the phone transfers to the car via WiF connection.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:33 AM   #201
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Software Update Problem
I downloaded the latest software update to the MyBMW app. For at least a week my car reminded me to download it to my vehicle. When I finally got around to do it I was met swith this screen which has been there for several days. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have the same exact problem (minus the week timeframe). Let me know if you come up with a solution.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:52 AM   #202
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stM View Post
Did your phone both bluetooth and wifi connect with the car while driving and updating?
Yes. Its like its just stuck.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:30 PM   #203
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
I have the same exact problem (minus the week timeframe). Let me know if you come up with a solution.
Sorry you are experiencing the same issue. I thought it was just me. If I figure it out or it resolves itself I will let you know.
Appreciate 0