E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Danny Ric

Today, 09:19 AM   #45
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
As I said it can be click bait , but IMHO he 'always s@cks and RB should replace him ASAP ..

No hate from my side , but MAX could use some help from a good driver with b@lls.

Nico Hulkenberg is the right man ..
I'm now 100% for Checo to go.
What's this I hear about RIC being offered an ambassador title at RB, must be more clickbait.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:20 PM   #46
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

I like Checo. He's not going anywhere. Plus he's worth quite a lot for the team.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:48 PM   #47
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I like Checo. He's not going anywhere. Plus he's worth quite a lot for the team.
I don't like or dislike Checo...simply not pulling his weight as a driver...Compensates for that with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66911.00
      Today, 02:20 PM   #48
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I don't like or dislike Checo...simply not pulling his weight as a driver...Compensates for that with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Kitkat and tequila Checo.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 02:21 PM   #49
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

I've generally been rooting for Checo. I loved watching his win in Sakhir 2020 and he kinda fell into favor for me as an underdog, especially the story that netflix ended up spinning up, that's how I got my wife into watching F1 with me (she's a blind checo fan now). Cheering for him early last year was awesome - watching him win races over Max was fun. But then, as we now know, the car took some turns that he couldn't handle but Max could. I remain cautiously optimistic that they can get this car turned around and back into his comfort zone so we can start seeing a more competitive Checo.

His blunder in Baku was terrible though. Had he not wiped with Sainz and even just finished 4th, I think the current situation and feeling towards him would be a lot different. If he can't turn things around, it'll be disappointing.

I'm not a blind Checo fan, but I do think most of the hatred towards him is unjustified and seems to be rooted in something beyond just his driving (not going to discuss this further, but even his team leaders are guilty). Even if he were booted from RB and ended up in a lesser car, I think there's still a good number of drivers on the grid that he's more talented than.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:35 PM   #50
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Yep. Baku was his fault. He's made it hard to keep rooting for him...but I'm still in there.

In Mexico City, Checo is very visible in billboards and ads, much moreso than other drivers in other major cities. He's very marketable and has a great presence outside of the immediate F1 fanbase.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:54 PM   #51
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I'm not a blind Checo fan, but I do think most of the hatred towards him is unjustified and seems to be rooted in something beyond just his driving (not going to discuss this further, but even his team leaders are guilty). Even if he were booted from RB and ended up in a lesser car, I think there's still a good number of drivers on the grid that he's more talented than.
I don't think anyone "Hates" Checo. That's why I qualified my remarks in an earlier post. Like many I'm neutral on Checo and several other drivers. I don't like or dislike them.

I'm aging myself but hate is a strong word. I understand slang "Hate" or "Hating" but don't like using it to describe my feelings toward people
Appreciate 3
3002 tii2399.50
M5Rick66911.00
      Today, 03:21 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I don't think anyone "Hates" Checo. That's why I qualified my remarks in an earlier post. Like many I'm neutral on Checo and several other drivers. I don't like or dislike them.

I'm aging myself but hate is a strong word. I understand slang "Hate" or "Hating" but don't like using it to describe my feelings toward people
You know what I hate my friend ?

Politics in F1 , the Mexican government bought Checo's Red Bull seat .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66911.00
      Today, 03:53 PM   #53
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Politics in many forms can definitely be hated!!!!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:56 PM   #54
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

In that neck of the woods politics can have another different meaning.
Appreciate 0