E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help diagnose

Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #1
ocho.1
Rep
Drives: 335i

Help diagnose

N55 started blowing smoke from exauhst at 100k miles , checked turbo for leaks and it looked fine. I bought a borescope to check the pistons and they are ALL clean in the middle so would that mean a coolant leak ? I had somone tell me it could be injectors but I don’t know why it would blow blue smoke then. Lmk if it’s another problem within itself pls help asap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:24 PM   #2
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

So #1, that is the blurriest picture known to mankind... so not really sure we can give you any real information here based on those pics.

Just to be clear when someone says the turbo is leaking oil it means its leaking internally into the exhaust, not externally. Did you just check for external leaks? I think you would need to remove the downpipe from the turbo and see if there are tons of oil.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:38 PM   #3
ocho.1
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yeah my fault couldn’t get a good picture I did take off the down pipe checked inside the turbo I didn’t see any type of oil or stains . This is the center of all 6 pistons hope it’s a little more clear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0