E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What did i do wrong?

Today, 02:12 PM   #1
Jarninius
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

What did i do wrong?

2011 335xi, I just replaced my valvetronic stop limit bolt, vanos solenoids, cam position sensors, belt and belt tensioner. The stop limit bolt has been a regular bolt due to the other one breaking and the car ran fine all week. I replaced the others in hopes of fixing my error code for faulty exhaust camshaft installation. The code throws my car into limp mode but once the code is cleared while the car is in ignition, it would run perfectly normal.

After replacing everything, I started the car and it ran fine for a little bit and then it started misfiring so i shut the car off. I came to find out that 2 of my ignition coils just somehow popped off of the spark plugs, so i corrected it and tried starting my car again. The car just cranks and is not pumping fuel. I pulled the codes and i have a bunch of valvetronic related codes. I have no idea what could’ve happened and the only thing i can think of is blown fuses. I haven’t checked yet because I have to go to work tonight. I thought I would see if anyone else has had these issues and how they were fixed. Codes are as follows:

371A - Valvetronic, supply voltage: line interruption

2A61 - Relay ignition and injectors, supply voltage injection: line break

371B - Relay ignition and injectors, control: Short circuit to ground

2DB5 - Valvetronic relay, control: short circuit to earth

2DEA - Valvetronic: power amplifier overloaded

2DE8 - Valvetronic: Component protection, shutdown system

Something seems to be very wrong here and I just genuinely have no idea what i could’ve done to cause all of these issues. never had these codes in the past and now they are all suddenly here. It seems to be shutting off my car and not allowing my fuel to pump to protect something from what I can tell, but everywhere I have looked have had very mixed solutions and I was wondering what I could’ve done wrong to cause this.
Appreciate 0