E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > One Stop Electronics cable help

Today, 12:38 PM   #1
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

One Stop Electronics cable help

Hello! I appreciate this is a long shot, but I wanted to ask if anyone is able to help me out at all please? I have a One Stop Electronics K+DCAN cable that I use for my BMW E90. I attempted to update the cable firmware, following the steps online here: http://blog.obdii365.com/2021/07/09/...nced-firmware/, but I was unable to write the new fuse bits. The lock bit value was preventing any writing, and only allowing me to read my ATMega162, which I could detect successfully and read the current fuse bits.

The only way around this was to erase the flash and EEPROM, after which I was successfully able to write the new fuse bits, as the lock bits were now showing as 0xFF allowing me to write the new values. I have set the fuse bits, and successfully uploaded the new .hex file to flash, however (stupidly) I now realise that the EEPROM configuration is lost. Can anyone help me and confirm what the EEPROM configuration should be for the FT232R chip in the One Stop cable by any chance? Things like the I/O controls - settings for the CBUS pins, any Inverted RS232 Signals etc. I am using the FTDI FT_Prog to view my current FTDI chip on the board successfully over USB, but I believe the values are all default or blank now, and need to be set for correct use. Any help would be much appreciated! Regards, Scott
Appreciate 0