E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Does carplay module require factory bluetooth?

Today, 06:13 PM   #1
BrunoE9X
brunoe9x
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i SE DCT

Does carplay module require factory bluetooth?

I would like to install a carplay or android interface module to my May/2010 e92 335i with the cic head unit.

Do these modules require the car to have bluetooth from factory for me to be able to connect my phone to it or do they have built in bluetooth?

I don’t think my car has bluetooth since I can’t find a way to connect Bluetooth devices for telephone or music in the idrive system. However, I checked my cars spec on a vin decoder and there is this under the multimedia section:

S609 Navigation System Professional
S640 Preparation F Tel.installation Universal

Does that second one mean that if I need bluetooth, I can just get someone to code or activate it using a bmw tool?

Also are there any aftermarker carplay modules that also have an android interface so I can use apps like waze and spotify without connecting my phone to carplay?

Many Thanks!
Appreciate 0