E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N53 potential oil leaks

Today, 06:46 AM   #1
monsterenergy420
Registered
Rep
Drives: 525i E60 N53

N53 potential oil leaks

Posting here as the board seems more active than the E60, therefore sorry for the confusion.

Recently replaced a rocker cover: garage put an aftermarket one, but it was still leaking (not correctly seated), so they did the job again.

This was as result of a second opinion from another mechanic who pointed out that the job wasn't done correctly and showed me where the leak was.

Further, they explained that (i can't recall this correctly) oil pan gasket OR oil filter housing gasket may be leaking and they need to be done.

Just want to know if this a serious thing, what do i need to check and what kind of consequences shall I expect if the latter are not addressed timely.

Car has had a recent oil top up after 2000 mls but just a quarter.

Thanks for your replies.
Appreciate 0