E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > ATM Intercooler Issue

09-18-2024, 10:11 PM   #1
e90Noobie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

ATM Intercooler Issue

Does anyone have any experience with installing the ATM intercooler? I am having an issue getting the hot side aluminum adapter installed fully onto the turbo. I cannot get the adapter to go any further than it currently is. By tomorrow the loctite will have been cured. I am pretty worried as I don't really know where to go from here. How would I even get the adapter off? Am I over reacting and it's on enough? I'm working on the car using ramps and laying on my back so I can only get so much force at a weird angle to hit the adapter onto the turbo.
Attached Images

Last edited by e90Noobie; 09-18-2024 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #2
Nadir Point
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Dunno if that's a strictly ATM issue and I have no experience with that, but it's not making that much pressure. I wouldn't worry about it until something goes wrong. All it'll do if that happens is go slow, sound funny and throw codes.
Appreciate 0