E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Misaligned Front End - BMW E90 LCI

Today, 10:25 AM   #1
Rockete9x
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Misaligned Front End - BMW E90 LCI

Just got my car from the shop in attempt to fix the gaps between the front headlights to hood/fenders after noticing that the headlights seemed to be loose (you could physically move them up and down + the lights would flicker over bumps at night) which according to the body shop, was not properly secured.

The problem is that the gap is now somewhat more noticeable than before; actually, I believe the shop tried to match the gap on both sides rather than fixing it.

Does anyone know what could possibly be the fix to this issue ? It seems that the entire front end is 0.5" - 1" lower than the hood and both fenders seem to align pretty well to the hood. I am considering asking the shop to replace the entire crossmember / slam panel, even though they said it looks fine - would this help ?

Attaching some picture for reference below.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:28 AM   #2
Rockete9x
Registered
Rep

Name:  IMG_8396.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  732.4 KBName:  IMG_8400.jpeg
Size:  791.0 KBName:  IMG_8403.jpeg
Size:  1.79 MBName:  IMG_8404.jpg
Size:  531.8 KBName:  IMG_8405.jpg
Size:  539.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:35 AM   #3
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

If your lights were loose and the gap is uneven, your car has been hit in the front. The headlights probably have a few broken tabs or maybe whoever fixed it was just lazy and didn't get some missing hardware.

Honestly your hood could come down a hair (there are little adjusters on the rad support) but your gap doesn't look terrible to me.

If your Msport bumper is aftermarket, they're known to sag just a little, you could remove the upper bolts and shim it up a bit but I would try adjusting the hood knobs a few turns down on each side and IMO it would look pretty good after that.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:04 AM   #4
Rockete9x
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
If your lights were loose and the gap is uneven, your car has been hit in the front. The headlights probably have a few broken tabs or maybe whoever fixed it was just lazy and didn't get some missing hardware.

Honestly your hood could come down a hair (there are little adjusters on the rad support) but your gap doesn't look terrible to me.

If your Msport bumper is aftermarket, they're known to sag just a little, you could remove the upper bolts and shim it up a bit but I would try adjusting the hood knobs a few turns down on each side and IMO it would look pretty good after that.
Thanks for your input ! but you're right, I forgot to mention it. The car was involved in a minor accident which broke the left headlight, so it was replaced with a new headlight, new brackets and a new bumper which are all oem.

Found some pictures which show the true damage maybe this helps.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 18.01.56.png
Views: 8
Size:  693.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 18.02.20.png
Views: 8
Size:  2.93 MB
Appreciate 0