E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Swapped Oxygen Sensors- 2C24- Pin fix?

02-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Swapped Oxygen Sensors- 2C24- Pin fix?

Just got my downpipes installed a couple of days ago and have almost gotten them completely sorted out. Power is incredible and the sound even more so!

I'm still plagued by the 2C24- "Lambda proben in front of catalytic converter, muddled," as well as the corresponding rough idle with a slight scent of exhaust in the cabin on startup. I understand that this code most likely means either crossed or damaged front O2 sensors. This code is for swapped sensors specifically and since I don't have heating element codes or other codes I am thinking that this is the culprit... local weather has kept me indoors though so I haven't taken a look yet to confirm. Moreover the very thought of being under the car right now and looking at those damn downpipes again makes my back hurt!

I'm afraid that removing the O2 sensors and swapping them into the correct pipes is going to be more strain than all three of us can handle. O2 sensors are so fragile and I had to twist the wires slightly to screw them in. Given my lone code it looks like I totally got away with it but I may not be so lucky when I switch them back.

While searching I found whispers of people correcting this code by simply switching the wiring for the two sensors in the ECU (points 6 and 7 were the wires that were mentioned). Such an easy fix would save me lots of time and possibly two Oxygen sensors. I assume that the rear sensors would need equivalent pin swapping. Has anyone tried this or was what I found speculative?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

EDIT: Different part numbers among the sensors on Tischer suggest that this won't work after all.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:30 PM   #3
PQTO
Registered
Rep
Drives: 323i 2009

I brought my 323i 2009 to a garage for valve cover gasket replacement. Now the car is running like crap. I have the same code. 2C24,(O2 Sensors before catalyst, Exchanged) AND 29D1,2,0 (3 codes) misfire on cylinder 4,5,6, Did the mechanic accidently connect the sensors backwards? Does it make a difference? Are they the same connection , sensors? cars running like crap.
Appreciate 0