BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

06-15-2022, 09:15 PM   #1
TheFactor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Couldn't be happier it's pretty much fully loaded and love everything with this spec . This is my first BMW and the only thing I regret is I waited this long . What do you guys recommend for leather conditioner? Only put 20 miles on her today but very impressive in all areas and can't wait to break her in so I can take her up to my favorite twisties and back roads in my back yard .
Well to the pictures and it was a overcast day so pictures aren't the best so I apologize in advance.
Attached Images

06-15-2022, 10:44 PM   #2
tooly
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 m240i (ordered), 18 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Couldn't be happier it's pretty much fully loaded and love everything with this spec . This my first BMW and the only thing I regret is I waited this long . What do you guys recommend for leather conditioner? Only put 20 miles on her today but very impressive in all areas and can't wait to break her in so I can take her up to my favorite twisties and back roads in my back yard .
Well to the pictures and it was a overcast day so pictures aren't the best so I apologize in advance.
Fantastic spec. Definitely confirms my preference for blue calipers on BG. Similar spec to what I have ordered. Interior pics?
Appreciate 1
TheFactor113.00
      06-15-2022, 10:47 PM   #3
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooly View Post
Quote:
Couldn't be happier it's pretty much fully loaded and love everything with this spec . This my first BMW and the only thing I regret is I waited this long . What do you guys recommend for leather conditioner? Only put 20 miles on her today but very impressive in all areas and can't wait to break her in so I can take her up to my favorite twisties and back roads in my back yard .
Fantastic spec. Definitely confirms my preference for blue calipers on BG. Similar spec to what I have ordered. Interior pics?
Thanks man ! Sure I'll try to get some up shortly. It's black leather with "grey stitching" I think lol .
      06-15-2022, 11:28 PM   #4
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks man ! Sure I'll try to get some up shortly. It's black leather with "grey stitching" I think lol .
Here you go just a couple of quick shots.
It has the carpeted floor Mats but just picked up and installed some BMW rubber mats since rain is expected in the upcoming days.
Attached Images

yanks1484.00
      06-15-2022, 11:59 PM   #5
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It has the carpeted floor Mats but just picked up and installed some BMW rubber mats since rain is expected in the upcoming days.
Looks great man!! Interesting to see how you have the m240i logo present. Do you mind checking what software version you're currently on?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 12:04 AM   #6
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMandalorian View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks great man!! Interesting to see how you have the m240i logo present. Do you mind checking what software version you're currently on?
Thanks !! Sure if I can figure it out I will check it out tomorrow for you 👍🏻
Also if this helps I believe it's build date was in April 2022
      06-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #7
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Looks very good. I had built a 230i in Portimao Blue but came upon a Brooklyn Grey example on a dealer's lot, liked it, and bought it.

Brooklyn Grey doesn't sound all that exciting but it is a nice color and not the usual grey. The car and the color have gotten a number of compliments.

Have put around 700 miles on my 230i since I bought it May 31. Had the oil/filter service done at 600 miles. Halfway through break in. Will have the oil/filter service done again at 1200 miles, at the "end" of break in. Just a thing with me that I have done since my first new car.

For leather conditioner I have no recommendation. I might have tried something when I got my first car (a Porsche Boxster) with a leather interior but I can't recall. Although I am generally a fan of using the products offered by the car maker and I might have picked up leather conditioner (I do remember picking up some top conditioner) from the Porsche dealer parts department. So you might look into what BMW offers in the way of leather conditioner.

In fact I think I'll do the same. At least it gives me a reason to drive the car some.
Appreciate 1
TheFactor113.00
      06-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #8
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Quote:
Looks very good. I had built a 230i in Portimao Blue but came upon a Brooklyn Grey example on a dealer's lot, liked it, and bought it.

Brooklyn Grey doesn't sound all that exciting but it is a nice color and not the usual grey. The car and the color have gotten a number of compliments.

Have put around 700 miles on my 230i since I bought it May 31. Had the oil/filter service done at 600 miles. Halfway through break in. Will have the oil/filter service done again at 1200 miles, at the "end" of break in. Just a thing with me that I have done since my first new car.

For leather conditioner I have no recommendation. I might have tried something when I got my first car (a Porsche Boxster) with a leather interior but I can't recall. Although I am generally a fan of using the products offered by the car maker and I might have picked up leather conditioner (I do remember picking up some top conditioner) from the Porsche dealer parts department. So you might look into what BMW offers in the way of leather conditioner.

In fact I think I'll do the same. At least it gives me a reason to drive the car some.
Thanks I really like Brooklyn Grey to. It looks sporty but rich at the same time. Also it can still turn heads but not the type of attention one wouldn't want 😁
I had a bright yellow Mustang Cobra SVT supercharged 502 RWH and police would see me and make a U turn . Then would either want to talk about my car, tell me my tags were bad and they weren't or just say they were out kicking tires today lol.
Anyway back on subject I think I'm going take on a nice scenic ride down some back roads to start some nice and easy break in and get better feel for this little jewel .
Btw that's a good idea I might just check my BMW dealer for recommendations on leather conditioners.
      06-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #9
tooly
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 m240i (ordered), 18 Golf R

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks I really like Brooklyn Grey to. It looks sporty but rich at the same time. Also it can still turn heads but not the type of attention one wouldn't want 😁
I had a bright yellow Mustang Cobra SVT supercharged 502 RWH and police would see me and make a U turn . Then would either want to talk about my car, tell me my tags were bad and they weren't or just say they were out kicking tires today lol.
Anyway back on subject I think I'm going take on a nice scenic ride down some back roads to start some nice and easy break in and get better feel for this little jewel .
Btw that's a good idea I might just check my BMW dealer for recommendations on leather conditioners.
I always go back to Sonax Profiline leather cleaner and leather care. No terrible smells, matte finish, great results.
Appreciate 2
yanks1484.00
TheFactor113.00
      06-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #10
Shaddy66
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M240i 2022, TRANSIT MS-RT 2021

Quote:
Sorry to butt in, mine did a remote software update last week and installed M240i logo
Version 03/2022.52
Appreciate 2
yanks1484.00
TheFactor113.00
      06-16-2022, 02:36 PM   #11
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddy66 View Post
Quote:
Sorry to butt in, mine did a remote software update last week and installed M240i logo
Version 03/2022.52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddy66 View Post
Quote:
Version 03/2022.52
Nice !! I guess mine already had the update since it was made in April this year 👍🏻
      06-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #12
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Had a bright yellow ("speed yellow") 2008 Porsche Cayman S. For 4 weeks. In that time the only thing it attracted was an careening '89 Volvo... Pic below.

Took my 230i out yesterday for some back road driving. Nothing crazy. Not familiar with the roads or the car and a bit anxious about deer being about. I could post a pic of my 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo after a (too) close encounter with a mule deer, but won't.

At any rate I'm loving the car more and more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TheFactor113.00
      06-17-2022, 01:12 PM   #13
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Had a bright yellow ("speed yellow") 2008 Porsche Cayman S. For 4 weeks. In that time the only thing it attracted was an careening '89 Volvo... Pic below.

Took my 230i out yesterday for some back road driving. Nothing crazy. Not familiar with the roads or the car and a bit anxious about deer being about. I could post a pic of my 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo after a (too) close encounter with a mule deer, but won't.

At The track she was a lot of fun!
03 Yellow Venom was her handle lol.
But this BMW is a different animal and I'm honored to be able to own and enjoy one.
Attached Images

06-19-2022, 09:13 PM   #14
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At The track she was a lot of fun!
03 Yellow Venom was her handle lol.
But this BMW is a different animal and I'm honored to be able to own and enjoy one.
Just detailed her today and did a ceramic coat and and another coat of wax over that 😁
Man she looks good !
Love this Car so much 👍🏻👊🏻
Attached Images

06-20-2022, 08:46 PM   #15
Zyvin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

No need for leather “conditioner”. Just keep them clean.
https://canadiangearhead.com/the-bes...-for-your-car/
Appreciate 1
TheFactor113.00
      06-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #16
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyvin View Post
No need for leather "conditioner". Just keep them clean.
https://canadiangearhead.com/the-bes...-for-your-car/
Thanks Brother much appreciated and makes a lot of sense .
      06-22-2022, 07:29 PM   #17
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Your car looks great. Congratulations!

Re: leather conditioner, the leather is sealed in these cars, so you can't condition it i.e., nothing you put on it will actually touch the leather because it's coated. A cleaning/protecting product that says it works on vinyl or plastic will work fine. Meguiar's interior detailer is cheap and gets the job done. You can do the entire interior with it.

Charles
TheFactor113.00
      06-22-2022, 07:40 PM   #18
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post

Re: leather conditioner, the leather is sealed in these cars, so you can't condition it i.e., nothing you put on it will actually touch the leather because it's coated. A cleaning/protecting product that says it works on vinyl or plastic will work fine. Meguiar's interior detailer is cheap and gets the job done. You can do the entire interior with it.

Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post

Charles
Thank you Charles !
I appreciate your input and I actually have some Meguiars interior detailer and I love there products.
      06-04-2023, 08:10 PM   #19
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Going on a year this Month and 7800 miles. I feel like I’m still on the Honeymoon! Love this car !! A picture after a drive to the coast and one after window tint.
Attached Images

06-05-2023, 02:38 PM   #20
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Beautiful. BMW makes the 340 and 240 insanely better looking than the M cars.
Appreciate 1
TheFactor113.00
      06-05-2023, 05:18 PM   #21
TheFactor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
Beautiful. BMW makes the 340 and 240 insanely better looking than the M cars.
Thank you !!!