F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Catted DP+Tune VS MPPSK?
Extreme Powerhouse

05-21-2024, 01:07 PM   #1
BlakeBehrens
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440ix Gran Coupe

Catted DP+Tune VS MPPSK?

At a crossroads currently, unsure if the MPPSK is worth it when compared to getting a DP+Tune. Any thoughts/experience?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

It is not an either/or Get both, you will never regret it

(Went in that sequence, all months or even more than an year apart: Stock --> MPPSK --> DP --> MHD)
      05-21-2024, 02:34 PM   #3
vcx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340 xdrive MPPSK 6-manual

I have a MPPSK, a sport cat and a tune (MG Flasher).

I originally got the MPPSK mainly for the power increase.

If I had knew about OST tunes, such as BM3 etc., i would have spared my money and bought directly a tune and a DP, without MPPSK, to be honest.

That being said, I enjoy the MPPSK, but it's very expensive for a very gentle tune. On the other hand, if warranty is very important to you, it might be a good choice.

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 02:44 PM   #4
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

My pro- MPPSK point is that alone the exhaust is worth the money, forget the tune. To buy a comparable cat-back exhaust you will spend comparable amount of money. If you can live with a lesser exhaust, you can save money on not getting MPPSK and going straight for an OTS tune. But don't fool yourself that you will reach a similar exhaust by installing some axle-back product and/or modifying the stock exhaust - it will not be the same.
      05-21-2024, 04:25 PM   #5
Grassimo
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
My pro- MPPSK point is that alone the exhaust is worth the money, forget the tune. To buy a comparable cat-back exhaust you will spend comparable amount of money. If you can live with a lesser exhaust, you can save money on not getting MPPSK and going straight for an OTS tune. But don't fool yourself that you will reach a similar exhaust by installing some axle-back product and/or modifying the stock exhaust - it will not be the same.
So I'm under warranty and ordered just the exhaust used.

If I go MPPSK exhaust, downpipe and tune, I can do stage 2 and still have that nice sound.

As opposed to only a downpipe and tune?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:09 PM   #6
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

If you are under warranty and want to keep it - full and legal MPPSK is the only tune you can get.

Downpipe and tune will get you the power and some of the sound, but far from the MPPSK exhaust (which is practically a straight pipe in Sport, but stealth in Comfort)
      05-21-2024, 05:32 PM   #7
Grassimo
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
If you are under warranty and want to keep it - full and legal MPPSK is the only tune you can get.

Downpipe and tune will get you the power and some of the sound, but far from the MPPSK exhaust (which is practically a straight pipe in Sport, but stealth in Comfort)
I don't care for warranty too much tbh.

I was going to get the mppsk exhaust, with downpipe and stage 1 or 2. Will that still give me the nice mppsk sound or only the factory tune gets that?

I got my appointment for used mppsk exhaust, no tune for now, coming up in 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 07:50 PM   #8
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

It will.
      05-21-2024, 08:40 PM   #9
Grassimo
Private
Rep