bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-13-2024, 06:26 PM   #1
Panda230i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i xDrive

My 2023 BMW 230i xdrive was in accident, airbags deployed, pyro-fuse in positive terminal is broken and the car starts only with help of jumper now.

Once engine runs, dash is asking to enter 4-digit to deactivate “valet mode”. Probably it was set up by previous owner - I’m not sure, car was purchased from an auction.

So I cannot skip or exit this valet mode unfortunately. All I can do is read errors and enter 4 digits, which I have now clue what they are. I cannot even turn off the ac from the dash.

What would you suggest to do? As of now, I removed srs airbag module and will try to reset all error codes in there and order new airbags, positive terminal, other body parts. But how should I deal with that “valet mode”?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:16 PM   #2
redcars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Maybe BMW can disassociate that VIN from whatever profile of the previous owner.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 10:21 PM   #3
Panda230i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcars View Post
Maybe BMW can disassociate that VIN from whatever profile of the previous owner.
Good idea at least to ask, I’m actually going to order big parts from the same dealer where it was originally sold. I was not able to find any workaround so far
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 03:01 AM   #4
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda230i View Post
My 2023 BMW 230i xdrive was in accident, airbags deployed, pyro-fuse in positive terminal is broken and the car starts only with help of jumper now.

What would you suggest to do? As of now, I removed srs airbag module and will try to reset all error codes in there and order new airbags, positive terminal, other body parts. But how should I deal with that “valet mode”?
You’ve been involved in an accident sufficient to deploy the air bags and you’re going to fix it yourself?

I’d be leaving that all in the hands of the other guy’s insurance. (Obviously it wouldn’t be my fault )
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 03:18 AM   #5
Panda230i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
You’ve been involved in an accident sufficient to deploy the air bags and you’re going to fix it yourself?

I’d be leaving that all in the hands of the other guy’s insurance. (Obviously it wouldn’t be my fault )
I wasn’t involved - the car was purchased from auction. I appreciate your kind suggestion about not dealing with it but it’s not my route.

Not sure what funny you found in the post, I’m simply asking a suggestion from a professional who knows the technical topic only.
Appreciate 0