F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > N55 BOV chewed my inlet housing
ARMA SPEED

05-20-2024, 03:18 AM   #1
Wizper_F32
tre fo nickel G4NG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i

N55 BOV chewed my inlet housing

How does something like this happen? I had a turbosmart plumb back installed a year ago and I never really heard the boost release or felt a power increase. Then about a month ago I started to get a barely audible whine. It started from 30 mph/2nd gear (8spd auto) and sounded like a turbine shutting down as I slowed to a stop. Fast forward a month; the whine is definitely noticeable. Even over my exhaust. I took off the BOV and the first thing I noticed (besides the fact that the third bolt is impossible to remove &#128514 is that the O ring is trashed. Looks like someone chewed it in half. The BOV itself is flawless but the inlet housing is beat TF down… I plan on replacing the turbo and going pure 750, but damn!! How could this have happened??! Was the BOV in the wrong orientation?
Attached Images