E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Do Not Buy From Ecs Tuning

08-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #23
goblue30093
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i - Purple

For what it's worth I've never had any issues with ecs. Sorry to hear that you did.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #24
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Just as an aside.

I've purchased an ebay FRP spoiler before and the bodyshop I went to actually mentioned that we should leave the item out in sun for a few days to let it warp a little in heat before installing & painting it.

So I think any good bodyshop will know this.
I'm not sure that it should be considered ECS fault.

Just saying...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #25
ilicboris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi

Interesting. I almost bought the carbon fiber CSL trunk for my car, but after seeing this thread and seeing the trunk was on backorder again I decided against ordering.

Whoever mentioned the shipping charges is correct as well, the prices are absurd even for smaller items.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #26
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilicboris View Post
Interesting. I almost bought the carbon fiber CSL trunk for my car, but after seeing this thread and seeing the trunk was on backorder again I decided against ordering.

Whoever mentioned the shipping charges is correct as well, the prices are absurd even for smaller items.
His was Fiberglass, not Carbon Fiber. I doubt real carbon fiber would deform in sun, if that's what you were referring to.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #27
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Bought from ECS plenty of times, always a great experience. This is truly exceptional.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #28
fluxil
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I've personally been a customer with ECS since I got my E92 and I have never had any hiccups with them. I think they are a great place to buy oem and performance parts, plus the shipping is fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #29
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

I've bought from ECS plenty of times. I've had one 3 star experience. I can't say it was bad because they were always quick to respond to my emails and get everything squared away.

I ordered ECS slotted rotors for the front and rear. Installed the fronts, no problem. Went to install the rear and couldn't figure out why one rotor fit fine and the other didn't. Turned out they sent one wrong rotor. The hub face was the wrong size. Guessing it was for a 5 series or some other platform. Contacted ECS and they were quick to give me a shipping label and I got the refund. Well it was a store credit, and I ended up using it for another order so it worked out. So I give it 3 stars because it was a dumb mistake but they were quick to get it resolved. I didn't re-order the rotors because the current rotors were actually fine and I just was too lazy to want to change them out again.

Overall, with almost any company, mistakes will be made, but it's up to them to resolve them in a timely manner in order to hopefully keep the customers coming back. ECS slipped up here (OP's order) but I'm not gonna completely shun them for this, but I probably won't order body parts from them, if I'm being honest. I can bet you that any vendor you use, they have customers who have had a bad experience with them and would tell you to stay away.

As far as shipping goes, I usually get free shipping on a lot of stuff and don't think the rates are that bad if the shipping isn't free.
      09-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #30
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

I had a recent bad experience.
Don't rely on anything that says "DS" or "Direct Ship".
This means they don't have inventory and you are at the mercy of manufacturer.
If you see that, go to the cheapest place and buy there, since they will all source from the same place.

ECS will not be able to tell you a ship date until after they have your money.
Refunding takes days, so you can't go and order someplace while the money is tied up for days.
I went round and round with an idiot on their live chat about they should have a better disclaimer. All I got was the chat ending abruptly. Their customer service blows and I have bought from them on multiple occasions.

I'll take a pass on them next time.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3971.50
      09-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #31
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Never had a bad experience with ECS. I've had over 20+ orders from them.

That said, I do use multiple vendors, them and m0d-bargains as well - which has never let me down.
      09-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #32
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

*update*

So My Full Cf Replacement Trunk Is Being Shipped Out Today. As Of Now, Ecs Is Still Keeping Their Word That The Full Cf Version Is A Higher Quality. The Damaged Trunk Is Still With Me And Once The New One Comes In, They Are Going To Pick It Up And Have It Sent Back!

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #33
E30_335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

ECS Tuning is the only place I order from, with at least 25 orders in the last two years. Never had a problem, stuff arrives right on time, every time. So this is not a normal occurrence in my experience with them.
2011 335i Sport, M3 control arms front/rear, ECS Tuning rear trailing arms, Bilstein HD's, StopTech BBK, Drexel LSD, Dinan camber plates, FBO's with Cobb Stage 2 tune, Corsa exhaust, 18x9 D-Force, 255/35 R-S4's
https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7348/27630930216_573ce3d512_m.jpg
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #34
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz

I had trouble with them earlier this year. I ordered their vent boost gauge which is awesome. They use 20 or so gauge wire in the harness and one wire completely ripped when I was pulling it through. They wouldn't send a new harness. I had to order a new kit (pay for it) and then return the parts I didn't need with the busted harness. Seemed like a whole bunch of bs for what could have been a simple transaction, I even offered to buy a new harness.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #35
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

+1, I also recently had issues with ECS. The postal service lost my package and ECS was unwilling to help, I took my business to FCP and will continue to buy from them.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #36
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinispec View Post
+1, I also recently had issues with ECS. The postal service lost my package and ECS was unwilling to help, I took my business to FCP and will continue to buy from them.
i think your problem is with the postal service & not with ecs.
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #37
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccy_miyagi View Post
i think your problem is with the postal service & not with ecs.
Nope.
Only the person that ships the package can file a claim.
The vendor has a contract for delivery with USPS, FedEx and UPS. You do not.
You have a contract with the vendor. If the package doesn't arrive the vendor needs to file the claim.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #38
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

I've used them religiously for the past 3 years; in fact, I usually check with them to establish a "baseline" expectation before searching around to see what I can find.

Flawless service on all orders.

Someone else mentioned it, but make sure you're checking their inventory level by looking at the "ships on" section - particularly if you need a quick turnaround.

If it says "direct ship/ds" be wary that ECS has no control over how quickly your order will ship.

Overall, I'm well pleased with this vendor and I'll continue to use them as my default parts source.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #39
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by advans View Post
This is the worst vendor experience I have ever had in my life. Coming from a car enthusiast, you want all your stuff prestine and perfect, and you don't want your car looking like crap.

I chose to buy my trunk from ECS tuning since these guys were supposed to be reputable. I've been a long time customer of theirs, my roof rack, ski rack, bike rack, etc have always been purchased from ECS.

I purchased this trunk back in february when they were doing a free shipping sale, the first trunk came in damaged, and they had returned it and exchanged it (delayed 3 weeks), when the trunk came, I had it sent out to the body shop to be painted, (This is the fiberglass trunk with CF spoiler). Everything came out fine, and I had the car sit out in the sun for a bit and bam, all this warping and bubbling came up. The body shop had mentioned that its the quality of the fiberglass, and they were happy to repaint it for me at no cost, since they said they backed up on their painting and told me it was the fiberglass.

I ended up contacting ECS and have been going back and forth with them for a good 2 months, and the latest response I get is they will refund me and I will be responsible for paying the return shipping, since "the trunk was not intended to be painted"

They are recommending the trunk to be used as an exposed fiberglass trunk.

Trust me, don't buy from ECS Tuning, you might even get a better product from a ebay vendor.

You should not paint fiberglass. Better off light bondle sand it then paint.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #40
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

What? ^
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #41
roadkillrob
Major General
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I have also always had excellent service from ecs through many BMW's stuff for my s4 and for my c63, anytime I had an issue they have made it right and has only happened once or twice with shipping damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #42
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X6M, X1

I have had more than 15 orders from ECS including the exact same trunk you have here. Never had a single problem, they even helped me countless times to verify the parts i ordered (rotors, calipers, sensors, bulbs etc) on several cars. Tbh your body shop did a shitty job and looks like they straight up painted over the existing carbon fiber clearcoat and didnt prep the fiberglass at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #43
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I have made 20+ orders from ECS and have had a few problems with them. I've learned to not buy Direct Shipped products because you'll place the order and a day or so later you'll learn of a delay. Recently, I ordered wiper blades, received an email regarding a delay, cancelled the order only to receive them the next day. Too bad I went out and bought them locally...kind of a clusterf*#¥. Don't even ask me about Umnitza, they are on my boycott list with a large exclamation point, bullseye or radioactive sign.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #44
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
I just wanted to give a recent experience with ECS. I ordered a couple of Lesjofors trunk lift struts, because they were cheap. I received one correct part and one Stabilus strut that was for some other car and way bigger than the Lesjofors part. I then proceeded to break the C-clip on the ball socket on the correct Lesjofors part while trying to put it on my car (dumb mistake). I called ECS, explained that I got one incorrect part and one that broke when trying to install it. They shipped me 2 correct new parts and told me to just throw out the other ones, don't bother sending them back. Had the new ones reasonably quickly after that. That said, I've only purchased assorted OE & OE replacement parts from them, nothing like fiberglass body parts.
Appreciate 0