E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > FRM + Flickering DRL????

08-26-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
DeobandiPrince
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Manual

FRM + Flickering DRL????

Since I bought my car, I always noticed that the passenger DRL (only when the engine was off. When the engine would turn on, it would be fine) would flicker ever so slightly (not flicker from on to off but on to slightly less dim)

One weekend there was a lot of heavy rain and a couple times the passenger DRL (angel eyes) would go out but would come on after I cycled the ignition on or just let the car sit for a while. At some point the DRL (angel eyes) stopped coming on all together.

I have some eBay HID's that I swapped sides and the passenger DRL still stayed off. I swapped the ballast around too but still no luck.

Had a 9CBB code.

I tried resetting the FRM counter thing via Tool32 and the DRL would come on for like 30-40 seconds but still have that slight flicker (almost unnoticeable but if you looked at it, you could tell it flicker from bright to slightly less bright)

Still have a A8C6 code also in the FRM module I also have a 9CC3 code. 9CBB code is no longer present.

Not sure what to do now. I've rest the DRL counter twice now and from what I understand, you can only reset the counter 5 times after which you need to replace your FRM which I would like to avoid. I was thinking of buying a working headlight from elsewhere and try plugging that in and resetting the counter.

That would put me at 3 resets with 2 left and that point it could be the FRM and/or wiring?

How would I know if it was FRM? Could it be wiring? The DRL's turn on when I reset the counter but flicker a bit before going out so not sure.

Any guidance on troubleshooting this issue?

Last edited by DeobandiPrince; 08-26-2022 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0