E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Climate Control No Power

08-23-2020, 05:10 AM   #1
Zeke23_E90
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90, E34 F22

Climate Control No Power

Was installing a Eonon stereo, everything worked fine, then i realized the climate control doesnt work. Everything was plugged in but still didn't work. Climate control has no power what so ever, it wont light up at all. Plugged in the factory stereo still didnt resolve the issue, replaced every fuse i could think of.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110430722@N02/50257458688

Has anyone encountered this issue before, or may know what the source of the problem is.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 05:49 AM   #2
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

Need year /model would help
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke23_E90 View Post
Was installing a Eonon stereo, everything worked fine, then i realized the climate control doesnt work. Everything was plugged in but still didn't work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
Need year /model would help
Add Build Month/Year to that.

It's hard to "clean-up" after "One's self" (Due to "Denial" ;-). Rules of Diagnosis:
1) If it worked before "SOMEONE" (including THOU) took things apart to work on something else (like dismantling Dash/Console?), then most likely cause of new issue is that SOMETHING(s) were NOT properly reassembled/ RE-Connected.
2) If you had INPA/ISTA, or something that can quickly read faults in ALL Modules, or determine that the IHKA Module is NOT communicating/ responding to Software/Scan Tool Query, that would strongly suggest an open circuit in power supply to the IHKA Module, or Blown Fuse.
3) TIS has Online circuits with which someone familiar with their use can quickly find the power supply fuse, wiring, and intervening connectors, with "Installation Location" of each connector or component.

"Tunafish" is more than "familiar".

So supply requested info, or DIY by going to newTIS.info site:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

George
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
Zeke23_E90
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90, E34 F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Add Build Month/Year to that.

It's hard to "clean-up" after "One's self" (Due to "Denial" ;-). Rules of Diagnosis:
1) If it worked before "SOMEONE" (including THOU) took things apart to work on something else (like dismantling Dash/Console?), then most likely cause of new issue is that SOMETHING(s) were NOT properly reassembled/ RE-Connected.
2) If you had INPA/ISTA, or something that can quickly read faults in ALL Modules, or determine that the IHKA Module is NOT communicating/ responding to Software/Scan Tool Query, that would strongly suggest an open circuit in power supply to the IHKA Module, or Blown Fuse.
3) TIS has Online circuits with which someone familiar with their use can quickly find the power supply fuse, wiring, and intervening connectors, with "Installation Location" of each connector or component.

"Tunafish" is more than "familiar".

So supply requested info, or DIY by going to newTIS.info site:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

George

2011 328i

By everything working fine, means everything thing was OEM. This is the 1st aftermarket stereo in the car. Before i installed it climate control was working fine, nothing was tampered with before the install.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 10:32 PM   #5
namburger
Rep
Drives: E93 n54

Did you ever figured it out? Im currently having the same issue..
Appreciate 0