E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rake affect ride height and vise versa

Yesterday, 12:06 AM   #1
rvphuerta
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Rake affect ride height and vise versa

I thought this topic would be interesting. I searched and found some saying yes and some saying no. I believe it does and have experience this with coilover on a different platform. The only way to find out is to put it to the test. Which I will be doing. Also the higher the spring rate the less if will have an affect, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #2
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

While I haven't measured to the exact mm, I haven't found ride height of one axle to affect the other axle's height. These cars are pretty well balanced and it's always lifting from the same point on the car. I've played with many spring combos and have adjusted my coilovers a bunch of times but it never seemed to affect the other end if I only change one side.
Appreciate 0