E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car threw its self into anti theft mode after battery change

Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #1
n54cutz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Car threw its self into anti theft mode after battery change

I finished my engine swap and tried to start the car and battery was dead, charged battery and nothing jumped it, started but was running like caca, finally got fed up with jumping the car so jumped it one final time started up then died, so I went to Walmart picked up a battery couldn’t find the marking on the old battery which ah rating it was so I just threw in a new battery(it’s some weird old battery I have never seen this company in my life also made in Korea if that helps) put in new battery went to start the car annnddddd anti theft now the car doesn’t start doesn’t do anything but the key still locks and unlocks the car and Ignition works but nothing, cant even connect to the car with MHD what do I do?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #2
Bims328i
DIYer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90 SULEV

You need the correct battery. Can't just throw any weird old battery in it.

Use a scanner to see what is currently coded e.g. 90AH AGM and get the matching battery and correct size (could very well be group H8)

If the battery is otw out or improper size you can run into all sorts of weird electrical gremlins.

When doing the bat swap, disconnect and let it sit for 15-30 mins before proceeding.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #3
n54cutz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

I picked up a h7 I think the old battery was the one I took out I think it might be the tilt or sensor I have it jack stands and I’m also getting the roll back icon when trying to start it
Appreciate 0