E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fuel Injector issues DTC 2E31

Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #1
VAX.ANT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i E92 (N54)

Fuel Injector issues DTC 2E31

I hope I can find some help here as this is my daily and need it to get to work. Currently, I keep going into limp mode upon start up with a code that doesn’t go away DTC 2E31 Im fairly new to this platform I bought the vehicle a year ago and do my own work. When I first encountered this code I was coming to a stop light on a rainy day and my car started shaking and misfiring. Scanned it right away and had DTC 2E31 along with misfires in cylinder 2 and 3 and 2DED Couple days later (Now) upon start up straight into limp mode with 2E31 only present.I drove it down the block a little bit and DTC 2C77 has popped up as well. I currently have leaking index 7 injectors which Im planning to replace soon with index 12 as well as my oil cap that keeps leaking currently waiting on that to come in. I also checked my spark plugs when I first encountered this 2E31 code and it was completely black soaked in fuel. Cleaned it off for the time being while I wait on the new ones but I want to solve this issue before putting in the new spark plugs. Where do I even start diagnosing this?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:21 AM   #2
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Looks like you know at least one issue and havent resolved it yet?

Leaky oil cap? That is crankcase pressure