E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New Vanos Recall (23V-707)

Today, 03:15 PM   #287
GoogleHomePod
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Got a call today and they want to charge me to fix the hose they most likely broke my car wasn’t leaking when I dropped it off I don’t understand why they are making me responsible for it wtf
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:25 PM   #288
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleHomePod View Post
Got a call today and they want to charge me to fix the hose they most likely broke my car wasn’t leaking when I dropped it off I don’t understand why they are making me responsible for it wtf
It's not a great situation, was the hose maybe a bit weak from age? Not really sure why they would have touched a water hose. Mine came back with one of the cabin filter housing tabs broken off, it was weak and hanging on by a thread, and despite me asking them to work carefully and not break anything, they managed to get that right. Note that I had been able to remove and refit this in the condition that it was in several times without breaking it. Also one of the screws holding it in place was either lost, or they decided to replace it with one that has a washer permanently attached to it. My OCD immediately spotted that, and luckily I had a spare original screw, so removed that weird anomaly and put things back as it should be, broken tab and all.

Ex: BMW E90 330i (M) '05 (His) | (Hers) BMW E46 320i f/l (M) '03

Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:30 PM   #289
GoogleHomePod
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
It's not a great situation, was the hose maybe a bit weak from age? Not really sure why they would have touched a water hose. Mine came back with one of the cabin filter housing tabs broken off, it was weak and hanging on by a thread, and despite me asking them to work carefully and not break anything, they managed to get that right. Note that I had been able to remove and refit this in the condition that it was in several times without breaking it. Also one of the screws holding it in place was either lost, or they decided to replace it with one that has a washer permanently attached to it. My OCD immediately spotted that, and luckily I had a spare original screw, so removed that weird anomaly and put things back as it should be, broken tab and all.
I don’t think any thing was old or brittle the car wasn’t leaking even a little when I dropped it off I just find it unfair, and I didn’t mention this to my service advisor but they told me the car was test driven I dropped the car off with zero gas in it with the mileage to next fill not even reading, and when I got it back it was the same

Last edited by GoogleHomePod; Today at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0