E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Distracted kid wrecks his McLaren

Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #45
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67092.00
      Today, 03:46 AM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So interesting, if you remember back 4 years or so, some professional sports player balled up his C8 in Las Vegas. Sadly, he killed a young woman and her dog. IIRC the C8 driver was up over 100 MPH at the collision, about double the speed of Douche Bro when collected the the Armco with his Maclaren. I remember being impressed how well the front end of the C8 held up (as compared to this Maclaren). Both of the C8's doors easily opened post collision (again, not forgetting the tragic death of someone who was killed in the collision). Decent engineering by GM on its first shot with a mid-engine chassis.

The Douche Bro's Maclaren's front end looks like it easily collapsed and ripped apart at just a bit over 50 MPH. Any more speed in this accident and Douche Bro may have had some mangled feet and broken legs. Lucky boy.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:35 AM   #47
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

^ That's the trouble with mega expensive sports cars, you get a lot of speed and aero tech with a hyper engine and carbon chassis with fibre glass body even but little in the way of crumple zones with steel and alloy (only the hood on the McLaren is apparently alloy) in case of a whoopsie like this.
Appreciate 1
NYG11663.00
      Today, 07:29 AM   #48
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You are welcome to complain about it but it won't change anything. My wife's a nurse, doesn't change the facts, if enough people watch a video the advertisers put the value on it and pay the person for it. The advertiser is considering places to spend their money, not nursing pay.

As for the "severly underpaid, overworked, forgotten, abused", I would be happy to tell anyone that feels this is their situation that they should spend less time complaining about it and more time looking for another profession. I found a new job about 6 months ago that I thought was better than the last one. I didn't see complaining about the old job changing anything.
You are a real piece of work. SMH
Appreciate 1
RM73014.50
      Today, 07:35 AM   #49
David70
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 20 AM Vantage -13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
If you disagree with something I said or think its wrong feel free to say something. Thanks for reading my post, your reply is meaningless, literally saying nothing.
      Today, 10:45 AM   #50
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Agree, elementary/high school teachers are grossly underpaid. And their Union just plain sucks.
Appreciate 0