E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dme Encoded fault

Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #1
DayneDude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328i sedan

Exclamation Dme Encoded fault

I have had the bimmerlabs 330i 3sim flash on my car for about 8 months. recently i had to go get emissions and it failed for various reasons. I had two open recalls and a dme encoded fault. i have taken care of the recall issues and while at bmw, they said usually the car wont start with a dme encoding fault, meaning the dme isnt coded to my vehicle and that it was strange my car was running still. my assumptions are thats caused by the 330i flash. im not sure thats the cause though.

Can anyone verify that would cause a dme fault?? or what it could possible be?

when you connect a generic code reader it will actually kill the car before the reading process has completed. when i used a buddies much nicer scanner i was able to pull all the codes, plus it wouldnt kill the car. when i took it to emissions it killed the car.. same as when using a generic reader.

i do have bmw tools and a laptop, im just unsure if i can or even how to update the dme back to stock..

SEND HELP
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:21 PM   #2
bmwbob89
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI 04 325XI 740 88 M5

What are the faults? Coding fault is probably nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 0