E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > G84 M3 Production Begins July 2028

Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #67
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 E90 Alpine White 6MT

Garage List
2028 seems far away
Appreciate 1
NickyC19161.50
      Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #68
bimmerbenz65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 330xi

Garage List
2024 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
2022 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
I believe the final month of G80 production is around 6/2026. Could be as late as 10/2026 but that would be the absolute latest.
G80 ends 2/2027 per the Future Model thread.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #69
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Hopefully the grills are less in your face

Less is almost always more
BMW could have come out with any shaped grille for the G80 and people would have disliked or defended it. Same with whatever comes next. Strangely, BMW could take a more traditional direction with the new M3 and the G80 fans will be in the same position as those of us (like myself) who hate the G80. Whatever happens, it would be nice if the design unites the BMW community more than it divides us.
Appreciate 3
NickyC19161.50
///M TOWN31922.50
m2zcp63.50
      Today, 02:35 AM   #70
Gang80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, F22 m235i

The amount of SHUT THE FUCK UP some of you need to be told is unreal.

Are you fucking limp dicks still talking about the grilles after 4 years? Move the fuck on. Don’t buy new M cars then and keep whatever you have with your hyper original ideas.

FYI you can thank the grille for the amazing cooling the G8X offers stock over previous generations.
Appreciate 2
mirob3888.00
      Today, 06:06 AM   #71
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang80 View Post

Are you fucking limp dicks still talking about the grilles after 4 years? Move the fuck on. Don’t buy new M cars then and keep whatever you have with your hyper original ideas.

FYI you can thank the grille for the amazing cooling the G8X offers stock over previous generations.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the G80 fans respond to having the old M3 with the outdated, one off, grille. Given this kind of response it looks like it could get spicy😂
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:01 AM   #72
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Yeah the G80 guys are really insecure about their giant ugly beaver teeth. I suspect when they make one without an ugly front end, all the people who claim they like it now will immediately say they never liked it and blah blah blah. They might even go and purge their old posts like they were a celebrity that hung out with Diddy.
Appreciate 3
      Today, 07:48 AM   #73
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63M6_G42M240i View Post
First off I’m sorry to hear about your relationship with your Mom, but you know, you’re right. The compliments I get nearly every day are also from people just “being nice” who have great relationships with their mom’s. Lots of people in this world just “being nice” and haven’t grown to like the grill I guess. Wonder why they weren’t “being nice” with my previous BMW’s? ��
That was more sad than anything. Hugs are a powerful tool in a child's development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3JetPilot View Post
BMW could have come out with any shaped grille for the G80 and people would have disliked or defended it. Same with whatever comes next. Strangely, BMW could take a more traditional direction with the new M3 and the G80 fans will be in the same position as those of us (like myself) who hate the G80. Whatever happens, it would be nice if the design unites the BMW community more than it divides us.
I think you're reaching. Are you suggesting that every G8X owner is new to BMW and because of the grill? That's certainly a bold statement. I can only speak for myself but I like the G8X as much as I liked the other M3s I've owned. Same will be true for the G84.

Food for thought - some of us aren't just G8X fans, we're M3 fans.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the G80 fans respond to having the old M3 with the outdated, one off, grille. Given this kind of response it looks like it could get spicy��
Same as some of the F80 owners before us - salty. I suspect since most of us are adults we'll just move on and buy the next one.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:53 AM   #74
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
Yeah the G80 guys are really insecure about their giant ugly beaver teeth. I suspect when they make one without an ugly front end, all the people who claim they like it now will immediately say they never liked it and blah blah blah. They might even go and purge their old posts like they were a celebrity that hung out with Diddy.
The problem with outlandish designs is they become outdated quickly. I suspect you’re right and the G80 fan base will become a lot thinner as the newness wears off. If BMW gets lucky and actually creates a timeless design with the new M3, then the transition for those of us who know what a BMW should look like will be easy.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:07 AM   #75
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
I think you're reaching. Are you suggesting that every G8X owner is new to BMW and because of the grill? That's certainly a bold statement.
I’m not saying that at all, though it is true a good portion of G80 owners are new to BMW. I’m just saying a more traditional styling could have been chosen for the G80 and we wouldn’t know the difference. There were no BMW enthusiasts prior to the G80 who were thinking, “You know what we need in the M3, a giant, oddly shaped grille.” It was a design to get use to. Some did, some didn’t. The same will be true for whatever comes next.
Appreciate 1
mirob3888.00
      Today, 08:12 AM   #76
Roth517
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
This might make mine more valuable.
BMW is making thousands of our cars, so maybe in 50 years a manual M4 with no miles will be valuable. Otherwise, no.
      Today, 08:13 AM   #77
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 TR G80 M3CX

Quote:

Imo, most of these people are jealous or stuck in the past. One look at the cars they own tells the whole story.
Appreciate 1
mirob3888.00
      Today, 08:20 AM   #78
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: I drive one

I don't know what's the problem with saying you don't like something.
Almost no one loves the G80 front end. People just deal with it because the rest of the car is amazing.

People generally don't love the M2. But again it's the package that gets people going.

Both cars have specfic things that people dislike and have made changes to them for my them more desirable in their own way.

I like the M240/340 looks better than the M counterpart. But it's not that big of a deal to me since I'm not getting a M3/4. The M2 will get some cosmetic enhancements to help it look better.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:22 AM   #79
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m not saying that at all, though it is true a good portion of G80 owners are new to BMW. I’m just saying a more traditional styling could have been chosen for the G80 and we wouldn’t know the difference. There were no BMW enthusiasts prior to the G80 who were thinking, “You know what we need in the M3, a giant, oddly shaped grille.” It was a design to get use to. Some did, some didn’t. The same will be true for whatever comes next.
I agree with most of this but will remind you that every generation had some things that divided enthusiasts. There were no enthusiasts asking for a heavy I6 or V8 in the M3 and certainly none that were asking for a laggy I6TT. With the G8X it's the looks. Some hate it, some got used to it, some loved it from inception.

We do this dance every generation and the G84 will be no different.
Appreciate 2
Chihuahua4417.50
      Today, 08:24 AM   #80
reallymarkedup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
The M2 will get some cosmetic enhancements to help it look better.
It's nice driving a car that doesn't need those.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:36 AM   #81
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

To me one of the biggest pros of the big grill is that it’s almost completely eliminated the fake M badges where I live, haha
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:37 AM   #82
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.21]
Quote:
💯
      Today, 08:49 AM   #83
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: I drive one

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallymarkedup View Post
It's nice driving a car that doesn't need those.
I'm gonna look at it lol. I like modifying all aspects of the car to make it mine.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:06 AM   #84
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:

Spot on. Heck, here in North America we came exactly this close --><-- to not getting the M3 here at all back in the 80s. BMW didn't think it would sell well, and despite it's current God's Chariot status the E30 actually didn't. The E36 came here only because we all banded together and brought the pitchforks out, and the rest is history.
Appreciate 1
mirob3888.00
      Today, 10:22 AM   #85
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I agree with most of this but will remind you that every generation had some things that divided enthusiasts. There were no enthusiasts asking for a heavy I6 or V8 in the M3 and certainly none that were asking for a laggy I6TT. With the G8X it's the looks. Some hate it, some got used to it, some loved it from inception.

The G80 divide among enthusiasts is far different than any before it. You can go back and read the forums to see this. When the E90 was introduced it was basically a BMW enthusiast love fest compared to what we see today. The disagreements were small and almost everyone came around to appreciating the car quickly. And there was no widespread censoring or banning from the forums. Every M3 generation will have items to debate but the G80 was a whole other level.
Appreciate 1
mirob3888.00
      Today, 11:10 AM   #86
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The G80 divide among enthusiasts is far different than any before it. You can go back and read the forums to see this. When the E90 was introduced it was basically a BMW enthusiast love fest compared to what we see today. The disagreements were small and almost everyone came around to appreciating the car quickly. And there was no widespread censoring or banning from the forums. Every M3 generation will have items to debate but the G80 was a whole other level.
I don't disagree. There is no denying that the design is polarizing.

Even if the G84 is beautiful by traditional standards, we'll probably be on here at each others throats about the powertrains and whether it should have been this or that. We're just passionate.

Let's just hope we can be more civil next time around and forgo the personal insults that lead to the banning and censoring; the ones that got banned were the ones doing the dividing.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:57 AM   #87
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:

This is the correct level of profanity for a conversation on this subject.
Appreciate 1
mirob3888.00
      Today, 12:44 PM   #88
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:

...and it's been that way essentially forever with BMW, at least here in the USA. I've been around long enough to remember well when the E21 was introduced in late 1976. The BMW enthusiasts/crazies, which at that time were a huge portion of total owners compared to today, universally panned/attacked/hated (pick-your-adjective) the E21 320i. Compared to it's predecessor (the 2002/2002tii), it was argued how dramatically heavier it was (imagine that thought lol), how it didn't handle as well, how it was slower, uglier, much much more expensive, etc, etc. The fact that BMWNA was only a year old at that point, having bought out Max Hoffman the prior year, and that they were embarking on a quest to move BMW way upscale and to attract a much wealthier clientele didn't help either. It was viewed as the beginning of the end for BMW, lol...almost 50 years ago now.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 2
mirob3888.00
yousefnjr6851.00