E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Anyone running no midpipe/open exhaust?

11-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #23
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

It's always a good idea to measure what's really going on.

I'm glad now I decided to stop modifying the exhaust at the point where the SCR was still in place (downpipe and muffler delete being the point I stopped). I've measured a lot of fueling/rpm/gear combo's and haven't seen any overboost issues.

But I am curious on what the SCR pressure differential looks like over flow rates. If you get that data please share.
      11-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #24
iaknown
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
It's always a good idea to measure what's really going on.

I'm glad now I decided to stop modifying the exhaust at the point where the SCR was still in place (downpipe and muffler delete being the point I stopped). I've measured a lot of fueling/rpm/gear combo's and haven't seen any overboost issues.

But I am curious on what the SCR pressure differential looks like over flow rates. If you get that data please share.
I am curious as well now. But unfortunately I just pulled my downpipe to reweld it and hacked off the pressure differential lines. Didn't foresee needing them again. Would be great if someone could reach down there and pull one of the lines (and plug coming off the downpipe) and let us know what they are seeing as far as differential goes.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #25
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

To add to my previous post:
Sounds nice, not loud as the DPF and cats are still in place and I have no error codes or issues whatsoever. So all 3 boxes deleted and straight though pipes from car back, works perfectly on my car with my remap.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #26
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

iaknown i spoke about this OVERBOOSt to lenny but that was a while ago, cant remember what he told me about it, i suggest you contact vinny from Scungilly Racing since he is actually running a 335d in the circuit. give me a call or pm me and I will give you his number ok
Appreciate 0