E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Newbie Oregon

07-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
Dux
All ducked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Newbie Oregon

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed all the posts here and have been lurking for a while now. I have received great ideas to mod my E90 325 (with base suspensions) and my first move is upgrading my stock 16" rims to 19" M6 reps . The arrival date is sometime next week and I can't wait to install them

I was wondering if anyone has similar setup (pix if possible) and if I should lower my suspensions with my upgrade to 19" rims? Also, can anyone recommend shops to lower my suspensions in the Salem, OR or Portland, OR area?

Thanx
Dux
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Dux, I'd certainly recommend my shop in Lake Oswego. They're by far the best shop I've found in this state and are used to working with hihger end cars and their owners (aka quality service at a reasonable rate). AR Auto Service is their name, phone number is 503-697-3311. Let David, the guy you'll talk to, know Santi in the white E30 sent you his way. After dealing with numerous BMW shops in Portland, Salem, and Tigard, these guys are the ones I will now continuously use.

If you're getting 19's, I'd suggest a slight suspension drop. Generally the gap becomes much more noticeable when you put on big wheels. Even a slight drop of say 1" or so would help. I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures at this time.

Best of luck. It should look good!
      07-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Dux
All ducked out
United_States
Rep

Thanx for the reference. I'll definitaly give them a call soon b/c I wanted to install a front lip as well after the wheels and suspensions.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 04:16 AM   #4
BMW Lawman
Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dux View Post
Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed all the posts here and have been lurking for a while now. I have received great ideas to mod my E90 325 (with base suspensions) and my first move is upgrading my stock 16" rims to 19" M6 reps . The arrival date is sometime next week and I can't wait to install them

I was wondering if anyone has similar setup (pix if possible) and if I should lower my suspensions with my upgrade to 19" rims? Also, can anyone recommend shops to lower my suspensions in the Salem, OR or Portland, OR area?

Thanx
Dux
New wheels on yet? I'll have to keep an eye out for you when I'm driving around Salem.
      07-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Dux
All ducked out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lawman View Post
New wheels on yet? I'll have to keep an eye out for you when I'm driving around Salem.
Yup! I just had them put on last week. I like it a lot better b/c I feel less bouncy and I feel the ground a lot more. Also, the car feels tighter especially around turns. I'm still thinking about lowering it just an inch front and rear.

My car is black sapphire with a university of oregon license plate and stickers. I'll keep a look out for your bimmer too if you are ever around town. I'll post pix soon.

dux.
Appreciate 0