E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW E93 Hardtop not finishing opening "Rear Module Closed"

06-04-2024, 08:01 PM   #1
marcoacosorio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 2010

Unhappy BMW E93 Hardtop not finishing opening "Rear Module Closed"

Hello, Guys!

I have a BMW E93 LCI and recently I've been having a problem regarding my hardtop.

Basically, from time to time, the process of opening the hardtop won't finish in the very last step "Rear Module Closed". The Roof Package is correctly stowed in the trunk, and the Lid goes down and it appears to be closed (I don't see any difference comparing when it works) but the LED blinks red for the error "Roof system not locked". (The next step of windows up, won't happen because of this)

What I can do to fix it, is literally push again the button to close the hardtop and pull it to open again - this can work on the very 1st attempt or can fail again and I need to keep trying until it 100% finishes the process. It can work also by just opening the lid and closing it right after or sometimes doesn't work and I need to close the hardtop fully. There is no "pattern" on how to correct and when this error happens (it is happening regularly tho).

What I ask you guys is, with the symptoms I described what do you think to be the issue?

1- The Two Microswitches 8 and 15 (one on each of the two closure cylinders) faulty, trapped, or misaligned? (These are the ones that transmit to the CTM a signal when the closure is locked (page 34 of the attachment)

2- The Hall Sensor 9 in the Divider Module? (Page 34 of the attachment)

3- Problem with the Latch that physically locks the lid in the bottom? How can i confirm if this latch is working correctly?

4- Hydraulic Pump Malfunction ? (This is the worst case scenario, however, if this was the problem, i believe the LED would stay RED am I right?

Notes:
- Please see the video I made (1 minute) where all of this is shown. The original audio is Portuguese and I translated by AI to English, so sorry if something is unclear.

- I've studied the system through the attachment (it was shared in this forum)

- I have a diagnostic scheduled at BMW Service Portugal for the 22th of June, however I need to understand this before, so i don't get wrong informations by the dealer (or stealer in some cases )
Attached Images
File Type: pdf e93hardtop.pdf (1.26 MB, 64 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2024, 05:05 AM   #2
amarcocazcarra
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93 325i cabrio 2011

Hello there, how are you? Did the BMW Service Portugal solve your problem? what was it? I have a similar problem. Thanks
Appreciate 0