E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Need new brake master cylinder queries

09-11-2024, 03:11 PM   #1
JayMac84
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Unhappy Need new brake master cylinder queries

Hi all.

The break pedal on my 318i (143bhp) SE 4d 2008 petrol car became really spongy and when pushing it it provided less resistance and doesn't slow the car down as much as it should. I took my car to the local garage and they have advised I need a new master brake cylinder.

Their suppliers, Dingbro and Euro Car Parts, apparently don't carry this item in stock so they were forced to call BMW who quoted £636 for the part and my garage would spend 4 hours labour fitting it at a cost of £240 which gives me a total bill of £876.

I don't really have the money to fund this right now but I have a few questions.

1) Is this expensive in your opinion?

2) Does anyone know if there is another supplier and brand which produces master break cylinder compatible with my car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordan.
Appreciate 0