E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dealer margins

08-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #23
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible

Just came onto this one late, but always better than never I suppose.

I've just got a E93 M Sport via a corporate deal with around 14.5% discount. This apparently is quite unheard of due to the nature of which car it is.

Apparently BMW run different campaigns throughout the year to basically sell numbers of units. If you are buying a car that is required for their campaign then you can basically push a good deal on it. New models and more sought after models generally are held tighter on price.

As I understand it, if the dealer hits their required quota in the campaign then they are given further discount on vehicles. This allows them to sell with more discount or just take the extra margin. If you happen to be purchasing when they are near their quote they will also come to the party with a deal to sell the units!

I thinkl the web companies generally have a pretty good idea at what dealerships are where in their quotas. They are basically better buyers than Joe public, particuarley when they are bascally guaranteeing some of the dealers a high volume of sales.

It might be an idea to question the dealer on how their business approach is to both corporate / web and private. I'm pretty sure that Coopers have some large corporate accounts so you can probably gain better discounts as they are basically shifting more numbers, hence they achieve their quota easier!

By the way to get 14.5% I bought around 8 cars at the same time, so I had some good puchasing power.

Hope this helps, don't take it as gospel but I'm picking it up as I go along.

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Appreciate 0