E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OpenFlash Tablet Mini Review (OTS Stg 1)

07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
vfeng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [9.00]
Thumbs up OpenFlash Tablet Mini Review (OTS Stg 1)

Here's a short review of my experience with the OpenFlash Tablet after about a day of driving with the OTS Stg 1 Map. My car has AE catback with AR downpipes, STETT intake, VRSF FMIC.

I went over to Vishnu yesterday to pick up the OpenFlash Tablet after reading about it for around a week. I was interested to try it out and compare to the COBB tune I was running for a few months (Stg 2+ Sport). Shiv was kind enough to uninstall my COBB for me and also set up the OpenFlash for me while I went out to lunch with a couple of the guys. Creating the tuned map for my car was pretty straightforward using the provided software and template. Once that was all done, we flashed that map to my car and we were ready to drive.

A little bad luck in the beginning as I got a misfire in cylinder 5, so I got some new plugs and Shiv gladly changed them for me and we went for a second test drive.

I felt the car was smoother and more responsive compared to my previous tune as well as being slightly more powerful. Driveability is great as the power is there when you want it and torque is smooth and consistent. Overall I have no complaints about the tune and I think its a great and affordable flash.

I look forward to future updates and maps as well as possibly getting the car dyno tuned by Shiv