E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > Group Buy for Eonon D5165 BMW E90 Car GPS with Dual Canbus & ARM Processor & NFC

Closed Thread

12-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #23
Snownsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786 View Post
Almost done with the installation. I have a logic 7 system so I had to route the wires from the rear to the front, which is what I spent most of the weekend doing. I made a custom PnP harness so I didn't have to splice into the factory wiring, everything plugged right in.

The packaging (very nicely packaged):

The harness:

Rear installation pics:

Still need to tidy everything up, install the ipod/gps/usb/etc cables, and mount the AC/Eonon into the dash.

Some notes so far, the sound issue is fixed. The volume progresses normally like you would expect. The radio works great and picks up all the stations in my area. The orange led does NOT match the factory amber color. Like everyone else is saying, its a bit on the yellow side:

Other than that I haven't really had a chance to test or play with anything else. I hope to finish the installation tomorrow and will provide more feedback then. If anyone has any questions in the meantime please feel free to ask
Looks like the threads a bit old but I need some help. I bought the Eonon but then found out I have logic 7 too. I'm looking at your pictures but I don't know what to do. Could you maybe help me out like give me step by step instructions and what I'll need etc for the rewiring? Some guys apparently bought a second amp while others just used the built in amp that the head unit has. But I don't know much about any of that. All I have is my bmw stereo out.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

Pmed you
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
dhausi
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 320d

I bought this device from your site. I see there is a UI software update on new pictures. Where can I get it?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
dhausi
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 320d

Where can I get this update? I bought a d5165 3 weeks ago and I have older firmware. Please help.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 03:43 AM   #27
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhausi View Post
Where can I get this update? I bought a d5165 3 weeks ago and I have older firmware. Please help.
Hi dhausi, firstly, there is no software for update the new BMW UI. And the new version we shipped out after Dec.9, 2013 have the new UI integrated. Could you kindly PM me the order number and also serial number? I will check it for you then. Thanks a l ot!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #28
olliej
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

If you all could add Google maps and XM this would be a slam dunk!
ets 6" intercooler,ets catless downpipes,VSRF 3.5 exhaust,bmw jb4 programmer.bilstein hd shocks with eibach lowering springs,blacked out tail lights,carbon fiber headlight eyebrows/spoiler and all emblems,carbon fiber grilles and hood lades
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #29
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliej View Post
If you all could add Google maps and XM this would be a slam dunk!
Hi olliej, nice suggestion and thanks for your support. I have passed it to R&D. The functions will be add to Eonon unit in the future, but i don't know when at this moment. Now you still can use the built in GPS function and also FM/AM. They are all good to use also.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #30
e92josh
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego E92

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hi.

Are these still available for sale?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #31
1cut808
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Sedan 6spd + E34 530i

I purchased one of these units last week and it arrived yesterday. Super Quick postage!!

I'm in Aus and haven't worked out how to get the mapping working yet, but otherwise the unit is pretty good value for the money...

I've got 2x Pioneer Double Din DVD player units in 2x of my other cars and they cost twice the price and don't have anywhere near the same amount of features.

The only drama I had was having to trim the A/C control unit which only took a couple of minutes with a die grinder and mini cutting disk and the supplied screws aren't long enough to reach, which wasn't a problem as I had plenty laying around. Still can't work out how to get the mapping working so I've sent a message to Eonon. Looking at a previous post it seems that the micro sd card might have had to have been installed prior to powering up the deck??

I will be ordering the TPMS and Reverse Camera now to complete the system.

1st thing I noticed was that the unit has more power than the stock deck and the sound system now performs much clearer and louder

Cheers

Mitch

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #32
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92josh View Post
Hi.

Are these still available for sale?
Hi e92josh, we don't have the group buy at the moment. You can purchase it from here directly.
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...BMW/D5165.html
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #33
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cut808 View Post
I purchased one of these units last week and it arrived yesterday. Super Quick postage!!

I'm in Aus and haven't worked out how to get the mapping working yet, but otherwise the unit is pretty good value for the money...

I've got 2x Pioneer Double Din DVD player units in 2x of my other cars and they cost twice the price and don't have anywhere near the same amount of features.

The only drama I had was having to trim the A/ C control unit which only took a couple of minutes with a die grinder and mini cutting disk and the supplied screws aren't long enough to reach, which wasn't a problem as I had plenty laying around. Still can't work out how to get the mapping working so I've sent a message to Eonon. Looking at a previous post it seems that the micro sd card might have had to have been installed prior to powering up the deck??

I will be ordering the TPMS and Reverse Camera now to complete the system.

1st thing I noticed was that the unit has more power than the stock deck and the sound system now performs much clearer and louder

Cheers

Mitch
Hi 1cut808, so glad to hear that and thanks for sharing us the product review and installation picture. It is awesome!
Meanwhile, yes, you guys have to trim the A/ C control. Since the original dash hole is too small to insert a 7 inch screen there. THEREFORE, the air conditional control panel has to be moved lower to the bottom, and since the whole dash is a inverted trapezoidal, so when you install the factory the air conditional control panel in a lower position, the width is not enough, sur, you need to trim it’s width to fit into it. Thanks for understanding!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=30

Regarding the mapping issue you mentioned, do you mean GPS function does not work now? If yes, how does it cannot work? Please kindly re-install the map card and also reset the head unit firstly. Meanwhile, here is a video for reset the GPS path. Hope it will help you.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #34
1cut808
Private
Rep

I received a reply via email which suggested scrolling down to the .exe file. My fault, I didn't realise that the screen could scroll as there is no down arrow LOL

All working now, however the maps don't include my street It is reasonably new though.

Mitch
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #35
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
I'm really interested in buying this but i need the one with the heated seats option. Btw it would help to have more reviews for this, to know how everything works, or maybe a .pdf and a couple videos. Also how could i wire a backup camera?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #36
1cut808
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
I'm really interested in buying this but i need the one with the heated seats option. Btw it would help to have more reviews for this, to know how everything works, or maybe a .pdf and a couple videos. Also how could i wire a backup camera?
Mine has the heated seat option in it but i don't have heated seats. Not really required in Australia

The reverse camera is simple enough. The unit has AV inputs and one marked Reverse Camera. Plug your camera into the RCA plug and away you go. The deck is already wired to switch automatically when you select reverse. I'm trying to find a decent camera which is specific to the BMW E90 boot lid and replaces the number plate light. I have one on my Prado and it works great.

I've also just had the TPMS sent to me (it interfaces through the head unit) which will be a good addition as I don't have run flats..

Mitch

Last edited by 1cut808; 01-10-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 04:56 AM   #37
bmgp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d touring

Hi,

Recent information and comments from users who bought this radio can be read here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=eonon

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #38
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgp View Post
Hi,

Recent information and comments from users who bought this radio can be read here:

Thank you.
Thanks bmgp for those links they're helpful, i guess I'm going to wait for more reviews before i buy this. But a video of this installed in an e90 shows all the features and the performance it would convince me better.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #39
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
I received a reply via email which suggested scrolling down to the .exe file. My fault, I didn't realise that the screen could scroll as there is no down arrow LOL

All working now, however the maps don't include my street It is reasonably new though.

Mitch
Hi 1cut808, glad to hear that GPS work now.
Since the map card company need time to update the map files, so for some new road, it may not included in at the moment. Thanks for understanding.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #40
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
Quote:
Mine has the heated seat option in it but i don't have heated seats. Not really required in Australia

The reverse camera is simple enough. The unit has AV inputs and one marked Reverse Camera. Plug your camera into the RCA plug and away you go. The deck is already wired to switch automatically when you select reverse. I'm trying to find a decent camera which is specific to the BMW E90 boot lid and replaces the number plate light. I have one on my Prado and it works great.

I've also just had the TPMS sent to me (it interfaces through the head unit) which will be a good addition as I don't have run flats..

Mitch

Hi RoamPT, glad to hear you interested in the unit. Yes, a video will be better for you to know better about the unit. So,1cut808, could you kindly post us a video here? We will highly appreciate your nice cooperation. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #41
1cut808
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi RoamPT, glad to hear you interested in the unit. Yes, a video will be better for you to know better about the unit. So,1cut808, could you kindly post us a video here? We will highly appreciate your nice cooperation. Thanks a lot!

Yep, no probs. I'm getting the tyres stripped on Wednesday and having the sensors fitted so I should be able to do something next week and post it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread