E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Odd happenings

02-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
JMPyle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Sedan - White

Question Odd happenings

Ok gents, I've got an odd one. I've done some searching, but haven't came up with anything.

I plug my iphone into the y-cable like normal, no issues until two days ago. I use the EQ10 app to play my music. Open it before I pull out, and get things shuffling. I noticed it sounded a bit funny. Everything was playing through the passenger side. I checked the balance, and it was fine. I thought maybe the EQ10 app was the problem; so I switched apps, and the problem persisted.

I switched back to radio and CD; both of them sounded fine. So, it's down to y-cable input or phone. I'll check to see if I can play through the headphone input by itself when I find my cord to see if I can further narrow the problem down.

Until then, have any of you guys ran into this before?

Jason
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Bad audio cable or trash in the socket. Try wiggling the connectors and twisting (rotating) them in the sockets.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
Nxtremese-r
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Im having the similar issues when my phone is paired via Bluetooth and making a call. Sound only comes out of the left side, and people can hear me fine but they sound distorted and "robot like" through the car. Like your issue though, all other functionality of the radio is fine and sound quality is great. Did you ever come up with a solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
JMPyle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Sedan - White

Turned out to be a bad y cable.
Appreciate 0