E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dealer says charge pipe "O" ring causing problem

03-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #23
cristy7610
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335I

Few day ago I had the same problem with my car after I made some shorts acceleration and my CP was pulled out from TB and a popping noise in the same time.after this,my engine starts revving,like yours.I attached again CP,no damages at all(only c-clip was blowed away), but my car starts to revving and get in the limp mode.I deleted all the errors(all linked to TB)with MHD apk but the car still revving,so I decided to drive a few meters and the problem disappeared,no revvs,everithing was back to normal.All of this was made on the sideway,so I didn't check if my o-ring(CP) was in the position.Could be the same problem like yours?I mean,those revvs was because of the o-ring sucked in TB?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #24
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54CherryHill View Post
Tell dealer that you don't need their service
You must come to my work... Bmw of Mt laurel
Why such the bad assumptions? I think we need to know what's being g done and that is a very real problem! Hell if it's 600 bucks to pull the and find what valve this thing is jammed in I'd say a great deal! If it's put on a new cp he's getting robbed all in the details bud
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:04 PM   #25
TrAcK TRaP
bOrN To DiE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy View Post
You must come to my work... Bmw of Mt laurel
Why such the bad assumptions? I think we need to know what's being g done and that is a very real problem! Hell if it's 600 bucks to pull the and find what valve this thing is jammed in I'd say a great deal! If it's put on a new cp he's getting robbed all in the details bud
I've been there many times I just asked them how much they would charge me to swap my abs pump guess what Jason told me? it was a basic question how much for abs pump swap
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 04:57 AM   #26
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
I guess I could imagine the cp separating from the tb, and the oring getting sucked directly into the tb as this separation occurred. Makes sense.
I had my Charge pipe separate as well (one of the reasons that I can't grasp what the dealer said) the engine is not sucking air it is being pressurized by the turbos. I found that even when not boosting there was always some pressure produced at the TB even though it may have been very slight.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0