E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AEM V2 water/meth

04-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
YYCn54xi
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT Sedan

AEM V2 water/meth

I have a brand new AEM V2 water/meth setup...acquired it for almost free.

I don't see anything posted on this setup with n54's. Does anybody have any experience with this setup?

I was thinking of adding it to a FBO 6mt vehicle using MHD flash only...with the main focus on keeping iat's down and moderate power goals.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:46 AM   #2
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

Hay I have this set up and I love it.. I have it tuned with Buraq and I believe we are not going to aggressive as the one issue I don't have is a fail safe .. Im not sure how to do it with mhd flash.. I know Aem has a fail safe system gauge but I'm yet to get a clear answer on how to set it up with my Cobb v3. My meth tank and pump is in my trunk. I have spray starting at 8psi to 15psi , mid nozzle size but I'm thinking of going to a larger nozzle as I'm FBO ... I use 50/50 mix. So far I love it.. Cobb says my ITA temps are in 65-70 range when spraying .
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 05:52 AM   #3
YYCn54xi
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT Sedan

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'd like to setup the fail safe output to something other than a flashing led
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

The failsafe can be wired in just like Aquamist does, which can either cut ignition or bleed boost. I don't have the exact wiring schematic but maybe someone with an aquamist kit can chime in as it would be done in a similar fashion. AEM also has a decent write up on their site about their failsafe.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/produc...failsafe-gauge

HOW IT WORKS
Should an alarm trigger, the AEM Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device has one low-side (ground) driver and one high-side (+12v) driver that can be configured to turn on or off during an alarm condition. For instance, late-model Subaru WRX STi owners can connect the low-side driver to the ‘limp’ wire behind the kick panel that will dump boost and pull timing via the factory ECU. If you have a supercharged Chevy 350cid small-block, you can use it to pull timing from a switched aftermarket ignition system. The possibilities are endless.

A high-tech analog gauge is included with the AEM Water/Methanol FAILSAFE Device, with programmable backlighting to match your factory gauges. The gauge needle and backlighting can be configured to flash when an alarm is triggered to notify of a potential system error. This system also includes an internal data logger that records injection and alarm status data for future reference.
Appreciate 0