E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno

01-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno

Hey whats up...just got back form the dyno shop to do some runs and see how my cars pulling. This was quite dissapointing. We held down traction control button to ge the triangle light to come on. We tried about 4 runs and my traction control kept bogging my engine down above the 4-5000 rpm mark. We couldnt get any accurate reads. The most we got was 285 hp at about 4700 rpms. Then the engine would bog and wed lose it.

I then turned the AA valet switch off and did a stock run..it still bogged on us once at 3700 rpms..but we were able to still get 258 hp up to 5200 rpms. I then called AA to find out why this was happening. Tehy tell me you cannot use a dyno dynamics dyno or a dynojet for the awd model. Only mustang dynos will work, because they are the only dynos that can control the rollers. AA tells me the dyno must be set to roll the rollers at equal speeds so the traction control will not engage. What a PITA, now my search continues for a mustang dyno on long island ny, it was hard enough to find an awd dyno now ive gotta find a mustang one....great. lata
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
You have to set the dyno software to accept "clutch-type" center diff as it keeps the front and rear roller speeds equal.

Shiv
Appreciate 0