E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Warranty question about SULEV vehicles

06-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
mys_iii
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Warranty question about SULEV vehicles

Hi Everyone,

I searched through various forums on this site but couldn't find much information on this. I understand that for SULEV vehicles that are sold in the relevant states, a lot of items, such as the CCV valve and valve cover gasket, are covered under the manufacturer's 15 year, 150,000 mile warranty. Has anyone had success getting these items replaced by a dealer under this warranty?

Thanks in advance!

-Max
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
redline2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 328i

Yes, but a lot of dealers are ignorant of the SULEV warranty.Any case you are covered by law. You might have to fight or go to a dealer that is aware of it
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

I'm getting my 2008 N51 valve cover gasket done under the SULEV warranty tomorrow at a Tennessee dealer. The SA didn't know about the warranty, but she asked her boss and he immediately knew about it and said it was covered. I was a bit surprised since TN is not a state that requires SULEV and probably didn't even sell any new ones. I was expecting a fight.

I am covered since the car was originally sold in NJ.

I'm not sure, but BMW may have tweaked the warranty language in the manual throughout the model years. Mine says "sold, titled, and/or registered in states..." I think later it changed to just "registered" or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #4
sirantsE90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N51 E90

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by patents
I'm getting my 2008 N51 valve cover gasket done under the SULEV warranty tomorrow at a Tennessee dealer. The SA didn't know about the warranty, but she asked her boss and he immediately knew about it and said it was covered. I was a bit surprised since TN is not a state that requires SULEV and probably didn't even sell any new ones. I was expecting a fight.

I'm not sure, but BMW may have tweaked the warranty language in the manual throughout the model years. Mine says "sold, titled, and/or registered in states..." I think later it changed to just "registered" or something like that.
I thought it only covered parts that were different from the n52. Any chance you have a memo or bulletin send from NA about this?

I would love to not pay for the parts and get the free labor instead of diy
      06-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
patents
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirantsE90 View Post
I thought it only covered parts that were different from the n52. Any chance you have a memo or bulletin send from NA about this?

I would love to not pay for the parts and get the free labor instead of diy
The parts covered under the SULEV warranty are listed in the warranty book that came in the packet with the owner's manual. If you don't have it you can probably find it online.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
redline2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by patents View Post

how many miles do you have
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
patents
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline2001 View Post
how many miles do you have
2008 with 71k

The SULEV warranty is 15 years/150k miles.
Appreciate 0