E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 ANGEL EYES ONLY DONE!! fully functional, no errors!

09-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #111
macabethiele
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325SE petrol

Thumbs up DTRL power supply pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoWeRMAN View Post
ok, its done, and it works! first let me tell you basically what I did: I wired the angel eye lights straight to a wire that gets power with ignition, then, I was thinking about putting in a resistor on the oem wiring to make the car think that there was a bulb there so no error code would throw, but then I decided to just hook up the stock bulb holder to the original wires, and hide them inside the housings, so thats what I did-

btw, this mod will give you angel eyes only when you turn on the car, no rear lights, no corner blinker, and everything else remains fully functional

I have an E91, but I am assuming that E90 325, 335, and 328 will be able to use these instructions

of course, you will have to remove your bumper, and headlights to start

ok, the first pic is the supplies I used, all bought at Radio Shack: connectors, 5 amp fuses, fuse holder, and 18ga wire

2nd pic shows what you will have to remove to get to the hook-up wire, remove the two black covers on each side, and then remove the big black cover, the bolds holding the big cover are easy to see, there are 5 I believe, then when the big black cover is removed, there are two more bolts that must come off on each side to lift up another peice in order to get to the engine fuse box

3rd pic shows how you can lift up the black peice to get to the engine fuse box (white) and open it up, there is a sliding lock on the front and back, and a clip on each side that need to be removed, this was kind of a bitch, but I was taking my time as not to ruin anything

4th pic: once you remove the cover for the engine fuse box, you need to find a red wire with a white stripe, why did I pick that wire?? well, it was the same wire I used when I wired the angel eyes in my X3, so I tried that one first, and it worked! ok, I cut the wire away to expose the wire underneath, and I soldered my connection-

I connected the fuse holder directly to the wire in the fuse box, and then connected the other side of the fuse holder to the red wire coming from each of the lights

5th pic shows the fuse holder connected with a wire nut to the red wire from each light, and it also shows where I grounded the black wire from each light-

ok, so in simple terms, you must run a red wire from each light to the fuse holder, and hook up the fuse holder to the red wire with white stripe in the fuse box, and you must run a black wire from each light and ground it to the chasis somewhere

now, the connectors come in by the light housings, I put them in so that if I need to remove my housings, I can just disconnect them there

ok, the next post will describe how I connected the angel eyes at the housings
Great post used your pictures to locate the power source for my DTRL's as I was not sure where to get the live feed for the lights from.
Appreciate 0