E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > o2 Sensor CEL, Now its Gone.......

02-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Exclamation o2 Sensor CEL, Now its Gone.......

Had an interesting thing happen tonight. First off, I had my HFC downpipes and exhaust installed a few days ago by a friend of mine. About a day after it was installed, the car threw a CEL. I got the code and found it was what I thought it was, swapped secondary o2 sensors. My friend nor I hadn't had the time to fix it just yet, but tonight after I turned the car on the CEL just dissappeared and never came back. Anyone have a suggestion on what this could be/mean? Even though the code is gone, I'm still going to switch the sensors. I mean it threw the code for that reason, its not like the damn thing fixed itself. What do you guys think?
      02-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Bump.....

We checked the sensors and everything seems to be in the right spot. Very strange. Especially now that the CEL is gone, but the code is stored. Not to mention I had V2 installed and Holy limp mode Batman! Using the default map it threw it into limp every time I accelerated. Loaded 2.0.2, better, but then got the 3rd-4th gear redline limp every time. Same with 2.0.1. I said fuck it for now and just put 1.47 back in since the car ran just fine with that setup. I'm thinking altitude? Anyone wanna chime in? c'mon guys, I want you to share that wealth of knowledge you guys have!
      02-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

ping Shiv, some other user had similar problem and he emailed him a new map.

hope everything works out for you V2 is awesome!