E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > House of HID

02-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 C

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
House of HID

I've been going through about a year saga with this company. I purchased HID headlights and fogs for my Explorer Sport. First it started with my initial order in which they took over 3 months to deliver, then followed by the ballasts blowing out (which they actually took care of), then followed by the HID in my fogs catching on fire. They have been telling me since last April they would replace the HID fogs with LEDs. While I understand there are supply shortages and such, the manner in which they handled this situation is absolutely deplorable. They have stated multiple times the shipment has shipped only to get an excuse later stating they had a supply problem, off at SEMA, holidays, personnel issues, etc. I've given them every opportunity to rectify this situation and I'm left with a set of fogs that I paid $150 that sit in my garage. Not to mention there was a fire to the car in which I had to file an insurance claim and pay out of pocket for the fog and assembly.

I'm attaching an email correspondence from them back in December. I have many more that have this same messaging.

Them Feb 6

Hello XXX,

I have been away from the office for a bit due to health issues, I apologize for the delayed response. I read these messages you were sent and I wanted to apologize for the misinformation. During the holidays we were hiring new employees to help take phone calls, e-mails, etc, I and had quickly learned were unqualified to handle customer service issues.The yellow 3,000K LED kits were on back order for some time, through the holidays customs shipments were getting seized leaving us selling out of some items as well. We apologize for this.

We recently just switched to a brand new LED kit that is Philips Based, much higher quality, it comes in 3,000K, 5,700K, and 6,000K. We are expecting these kits in later this week as they are currently at a port in California. We would be happy to send one to you for your trouble. I know you've been told this, I was unaware of the issues due to being away, but I can assure you that we will make sure this LED kit gets to you within 14 business days (just in case it's coming in later in the week next week). I will "man" this to see to it that it is done and that you receive the LED kit.

We truly apologize for your experience. I will definitely follow up with the messages and shipments that were said as shipped and make sure that this doesn't happen again to you or any customer.

Please accept my offer, I really want to make sure this is handled and that you are satisfied in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Brad
House of HID

Me Feb 6

This clearly is a company that has trouble with being truthful. I encourage you to read your message again that is contained below. I'll be posting my experience on a few forums that generate far more traffic than the explorer forum. I've given up all hope of receiving the leds as promised.

Me Jan 16

Definitely not shipped

Me Dec 6th
I really hope you understand my position as I've been told these exact things before and gave you the benefit of the doubt in the past. I'm happy to reproduce the emails in which someone stated something was shipped and they would get me a tracking number. I'd say it was minimally 5xs even going back to the original order. Supply issues or not, someone flat out was not being truthful to me. Just evaluating the current situation at hand, let's just be honest and state it was not shipped on 11/12 because we both know shipping companies do not take a month to ship something across the U.S. nor do they lose packages very often. We also know if the fault was with the shipping company you would be quick to produce a tracking number alleviating yourself of fault. Considering the volume of orders you claim, it is puzzling why anything tied to my order has been so problematic. I also firmly believe the only reason you remain in contact with me is due to my post on a car forum.

Them Dec 5th

XXXX,

It was in fact shipped. I am getting the tracking number to you, I am waiting our LA facility getting that to me. I understand your point of view, but we are an upstanding company that has a good track record. We wanted you taken care of and the only reason it's gone on so long was because of the backorder we had on the LED conversion kits. We apologize, but it seems like you think we are making this up. We ship hundreds of packages every day and I wouldn't be keeping in contact with you prolonging this situation if it was all untrue. I want you happy, situated, and for you to have a positive review of our company. What can we do to make this happen? Is it possible with you at this point?

Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Thank you,
Chris
Customer Suppor

Me Dec 4th

It has not been received since it probably was never shipped. I was told it was shipped on 11/12. If it was shipped send me the tracking number.

Dec 4th
XXX,

I wanted to check in with you. We are back from the holidays and I never heard an update to whether you received the LED kit or not. Please let me know as I am in the facility now and I want to make sure this is taken care of once and for all.

Thank you,

Will
07 E90 335, UR Exh, Helix IC, Bav Sport Coils, iForged Swift- sold
E46 M3 - gone and always missed
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
supradriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

I've had the exact opposite experience with HouseofHID. I've bought multiple kits from them and have been really happy with their customer service. Will has always made sure that I was happy with my purchase and was always there to answer any questions and respond to any of my requests.

In particular, I remember having an issue with a ballast on one my kits the night before I was leaving for a meet in another state. I sent Will a message and he gladly met up with me and help diagnose the issue. We swapped out ballasts, free of charge, and I was on my way.

My advice to the OP is to reach out to Will with his issue. I am sure he will do everything he can to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
Shocker after more emails stating they are going to ship something and still nothing yet. Btw there are several threads about similar instances to mine so it certainly is not that isolated. I've offered up alternatives for them to ship me since my particular product has been backorded (1 year plus may I add).
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #4
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
Bumping this thread as they still have not resolved the issue. They have now gone dark on emails
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
The headlight ballast has now gone out on me at least 3xs in the past year. I have requested a replacement part and no I have not received the LED fogs to date. So far they are ignoring my emails. I'm sure they will claim some type of emergency of sorts.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
Barol
Registered
Rep
Drives: Tahoe

I ordered a HID conversion kit for my 2015 Chevy Tahoe. Charged almost $200.00 to my credit card and then I had to wait over a month and a half to get the kit. I called, got the run a round. I emailed, was told I will have a tracking number sent to me.. nothing for a week. I would reach back out to them. They would apologize and say that person has been out and they will get it to me that day... nothing. I had to threaten bad reviews and contacting consumer protection agencies to get them to respond. Finally, got the kit. Installed it and it worked for a while and then one of the ballasts decided to stop working correctly. I looked everywhere to find solutions to keep the ballast working. Rewired twice, moves the ground three times. I finally purchased a LED kit from Amazon and haven't had one problem. Reached out to HouseofHID.com because they have a "lifetime warranty". As of today, I am still waiting for the replacement kit to arrive even though I gave them an additional $85.00 for an upgraded kit AND spent $20 to send back the defective kit... with a tracking number. I know, I know, I know I should have learned my lesson the first time. But I believe in 2nd chances, got burned again. I was told early January 2017 I will get an email with a tracking number for the new kit. Two months later.... nothing. Just false promises, excuses and no emails with tracking numbers. So now I am back to reporting this on as many sites as I can. Whatever you do, DO NOT order a thing from these people.
Appreciate 1
all8up91.50
      03-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
My issue remains unresolved and I have moved on. Bottom line I hope my post and feedback from Barol is enough to sway perspective buyers from them.
Appreciate 0