E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mot time today

07-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
Mot time today

Well, another year of straight through a cheap £24 kwik fit mot without any advisories on an 11 year old car and the garage owner saying well your car is always alright, it never fails does it. (I was sat there thinking hmmm over 100k now and 11 years old and no fails thus far, a fail has GOT to be due this time (after saying it last time too) ).

Compared to french creations these cars are so well made dont you think? And yes i know it is because we are enthusiats that we spend beforehand and do not go in with bald tyres and knackered blades but more in depth oft failures like cv boots, steering bushes etc these german cars stand the test of time way beyond french and other such cars. All imho having owned aforementioned such vehicles in various guises.

Of course, at this exact time next year, i will now be handed a failure sheet as i have clearly set the scene with this very post.

Last edited by sparkymarky; 07-05-2017 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
bishbosh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Currently on 180k miles and only one fail - but that was the BMW dealership failing my car erroneously! Because it's all done on computer now the fail shows up along with a pass on the same date & mileage.