E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Help. Heated power seat install.

12-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
Dan330d
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 330d m sport

Help. Heated power seat install.

Hi all, I need some help.

I have a donor e90 that I have removed the heated power+memory seats from and am trying to install them in another e90 which had manual seats but with the electric side bolster function. I have moved the switches for the heated seats over also. The yellow plug in the car fits the seats connector but I have no power or heating. Do I need to remove the plugs and loom back to source from the donor and install in the new car? Thanks
Dan
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
There are a lot of different seat combinations, and your car is wired (& coded) only with what the factory gave it. The heated wiring isn't there, same for the electric seats.
What's good though is that there is a lot of online information on this.
I did the research when I put leather seats in mine, you need the wiring between specific points in the fusebox to the seat connectors, you need the heated seat switch panel, and then you need the car coded to add the heated seat function.
I haven't done electric seats, that was a big step too far (even for me).
Appreciate 0