E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Another Adaptive headlight error

08-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
thetedderbear
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

From what I've read about your problem, just take the front bumper off, and inspect for loose parts. The "pothole" problem accurs when an arm that controls the adaptive headlight breaks loose. You should be able to find the part that is loose and put it back in place. The cost should be nothing. Search for pothole and adaptive headlight error and you'll find some posts relating to what I'm talking about.

good luck![/QUOTE]

I had this exact thing happen to me, dealer wanted $1400 for new headlight assembly, there's a DIY on here, fixed it for $0 and about and hour of time.
To the OP, I'm not sure what your problem could be. Don't trust the dealer on this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

If water got into your headlight those control modules are bad. Happened to me as well. Just keep an eye on ebay or the forums here in the classifieds section for used modules. I got a set from yakev for 80 shipped. It did the trick and mo more of that evil warning light that just stays on forever.

OR you can get a BT scanner. I heard there is a function there that resets the adaptive headlights. That may work as well. You got a lot of great information from other users in this thread. Try them all!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #25
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Anyone got a level nodule laying around? And some caps? I need it lol.....
Appreciate 0