E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > painting/paint corection shop in CT

04-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
Whbimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' e90 BMW 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
painting/paint corection shop in CT

Can anyone recommend a ct shop for painting and or paint correction services? My bimmer is in need of a good paint correction. I’m also interested in having the front bumper, fenders, and hood resprayed. These areas have a bit of rock chips and I’m not sure touch up work will be enough to satisfy me. Here’s a pic of my car i took yesterday while out on a great driving road search as a thank you in advance.

Edit: If anyone can explain how to take iPhone pictures and upload them into a post on here w/o them being blury af please advise.
Attached Images

Last edited by Whbimmer; 04-26-2018 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 06:50 AM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Hold phone still, press down on the center so you lock the focus. Email the photo to yourself but when asked what size, choose small (forum upload sizes are limited). Open email, download photo onto your phone. Then in your post, go to advance, manage attachments, choose from photo library and select your photo.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 04-24-2018 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:48 AM   #3
Whbimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Hold phone still, press down on the center so you lock the focus. Email the photo to yourself but when asked what size, choose small (forum upload sizes are limited). Open email, download photo onto your phone. Then in your post, go to advance, manage attachments, choose from photo library and select your photo.
Unfortunately, that didn't work. Actually, that's what I originally tried. I ended up saving to the desktop of my laptop from icloud and compressing the pic using office photo manager. For whatever reason any photos I send through email comes out blurry on the other side regardless of which size I send them as. I'll have to do some searching to see why this is. Anyway it seems to look better now.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
Whbimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Bump? I’ve been to automobilia but didn’t really care for their approach. When inquiring about paint correction they simply gave me a generic quote at the counter. I asked if they’d like to look over the car to get a better idea of what would be needed but they didn’t seem interested. Not impressed tbh.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
ktish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whbimmer View Post
Bump? I’ve been to automobilia but didn’t really care for their approach. When inquiring about paint correction they simply gave me a generic quote at the counter. I asked if they’d like to look over the car to get a better idea of what would be needed but they didn’t seem interested. Not impressed tbh.
I have no personal experience with Darien Detail, but they may be more your speed.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #6
335xituned
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Pm LYEGUY

He does high end mobile detailing and has a discount for forum members and comes to your house prices or on the site seems reasonable imo

I believe his sit is premierdetailingri.com
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #7
Whbimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Darien detail looks like a good spot. I’ve heard of them from friends before. Will definitely have to check it out. As for lyeguy, I’m sure he does fantastic work and I doubt I would be at all disappointed if I had him do a paint correction but I’m really trying to stick to a shop. Just more comfortable that way. Gotham auto was one place recommended to me by a friend. Anybody have any experience with them?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
JTWCT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whbimmer View Post
Darien detail looks like a good spot. I’ve heard of them from friends before. Will definitely have to check it out. As for lyeguy, I’m sure he does fantastic work and I doubt I would be at all disappointed if I had him do a paint correction but I’m really trying to stick to a shop. Just more comfortable that way. Gotham auto was one place recommended to me by a friend. Anybody have any experience with them?
Gotham Auto in Danburg is great. I'm going to them on Monday to get my tints re-done under their lifetime warranty.
Appreciate 0