E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 328i sporadic electronic glitch

01-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
mrflash549@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

328i sporadic electronic glitch

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone here has some experience that will help me fix my haunted 328i (2007 E90)

About a month ago, I noticed that both of the left side halos were not working. I thought it odd that they would both burn out at the same time, but decided to have them fixed at the next service.

About a week later, I stopped at a stop sign and the car died without warning. It started up again, but was running very rough and the 'check engine' light was on. I made it home and I called my local mechanic to have it checked. The next morning the 'check engine' light was off and the car was running fine. I took it to the shop and the mechanic could not find anything that would explain why the problem occurred. I asked him to fix the halos while it was in for evaluation, but behold, they were now working fine!

Since then, the dash lights have gone out, but then mysteriously started working again and the 'service engine soon' light came on, but went off again before I could get it to the shop.

Murphy's Law dictates that when I can get it to the shop, everything is working flawlessly. The mechanic can't fix something that's not broken and these problems only occur when I'm alone on a dark country road.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

get yourself your own diagnostic cable and software.
bimmergeeks protools
carly
something that runs on your phone so you always have it.

scan for codes when it malfunctions.
Appreciate 0