E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Electronics Failure

05-29-2019, 06:48 AM   #1
Dekw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M sport convertible

Electronics Failure

Got a fault up saying airbag and seatbelt problem, Then all my dash lights came on, then speedo & rev counter dropped to zero. Car still drove so I went 5 miles home..

Stopped the car,

Tried to start car again and got different faults up..door switches power steering ect.
Tried to close roof but would not move from fully located in the boot.Start button did nothing, but when I pressed the roof control switch the engine started ?, but I had no steering. As this was 16-20 on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend and my roof was stuck in the boot, I got the care recovered to my local BMW garage.

I thought it was something with the battery or alternator, but they have ordered some steering sensor that their computer is saying is faulty.

Happy Days.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 09:17 AM   #2
Dekw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M sport convertible

Now they say that sensor didn't work, and that their equipment cannot communicate with my car, even though yesterday I was told it was the steering sensor. Talking about some junction box now.....Dohh sounding expensive
Appreciate 0