E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Those with VRSF Street Exhaust…..any regrets?

05-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Question Those with VRSF Street Exhaust…..any regrets?

I’m thinking about getting rid of the factory exhaust, and getting one of the VRSF 3.5” Street Exhaust Systems. At $680, it looks like the best deal out there. Having a slightly louder/deeper exhaust would be good, but I don’t want anything super “ricey” or “raspy” sounding…..and since I drive a lot of highway miles, I don’t want anything that drones line crazy. My main goal is to reduce some weight….that factory exhaust is crazy heavy…I’ve heard that the VRSF exhaust is something like 40-60lbs lighter?

For those of you who have the VRSF Street exhaust on your 335i…how do you like it? Is it much louder than the factory exhaust with catless downpipes and the flapper mod? Do you wish you would have went with something different? Is the VRSF system any better than the $450 ebay “Circuit Werks” exhaust systems?

Thanks for the info!
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

The Sport exhaust offers a mild tone increase, it sounds nice without getting obnoxious.
In my opinion, it sounds best with downpipes.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
I’m thinking about getting rid of the factory exhaust, and getting one of the VRSF 3.5” Street Exhaust Systems. At $680, it looks like the best deal out there. Having a slightly louder/deeper exhaust would be good, but I don’t want anything super “ricey” or “raspy” sounding…..and since I drive a lot of highway miles, I don’t want anything that drones line crazy. My main goal is to reduce some weight….that factory exhaust is crazy heavy…I’ve heard that the VRSF exhaust is something like 40-60lbs lighter?

For those of you who have the VRSF Street exhaust on your 335i…how do you like it? Is it much louder than the factory exhaust with catless downpipes and the flapper mod? Do you wish you would have went with something different? Is the VRSF system any better than the $450 ebay “Circuit Werks” exhaust systems?

Thanks for the info!
I'm in the same situation as you right now fbo with muffler delete and it's a bit to loud( still have 2nd cats) but at 80 around 2.5 rpm the drone is crazy bad and unbearable will it drone bad?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
mkolankowski
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

I have the vrsf street exhaust with kittyless downpipes in my opinion it sounds great for daily driving. Its quiet when you want it to be but if you hit it you know you have an exhaust on the car. I used to kittyless dp and secondary delete on the stock catback. It was raspy and honestly sounded like a tin can rattling around while under load. Fitment is a bit tight everything has to be at the perfect angle to not hit the rear subframe and underbody at the first section after the downpipes. I used the stock hanger on my e92 for the one than bolts to the diff since it is a little long gives you a little more clearance at the rear subframe.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

I personally like the sound of my vrsf street exhaust mated with their downpipes. It's not raspy at all and offers a really nice deep tone which is perfect for a daily driver. I do notice some drone around 2.5k rpms but I have gotten used to it (I may add a resonator to help with this).

Edit: I caved and I added a vibrant 3.5 resonator to my street exhaust and it got rid of the annoying drone. This exhaust coupled with the resonator is just perfect for my taste in exhaust sound (deep tone, no raspiness or drone and relatively quiet).

Last edited by ragingpanda; 05-12-2020 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 2